Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At night, at about 8pm, Chipper gets on top of her knot rope perch outside of her cage door. She plays with the rope and sits and chirps and stars at us. I then put her on my shoulder and roll her cage back for night night time. I clean her cage, and sing to her, then cover her up and she goes to sleep. Do your birds have a thing they do to tell you they are tired each night?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Kiwi just flys over to my shoulder and pecks on my face. "Just go to bed then you dirty bird." He waits (keeps on pecking) til I take him overto his cage and put him in his cozy bed in his cage.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Kiwi will fly to my shoulder, run under my hair, squeak a couple times and nestles in for about 15 minutes. I'll read while she settles for the night and then I'll take her in my hand and rub her cheek gently, give her a kiss and put her in her cozy hut. It's a really sweet time each night.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Gelato will nuzzle into my neck behind my ear and hunker down. Hpnotiq curls up in my blanket on my lap, I always have blanket or pillow on my lap, and she will burry down and start sleepy chirping...

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Okay – in comparison to these posts I'm the mean Dad :rolleyes: - Mine sleep in a sleeping cage in the guest room - I put them to bed around 7pm - they are usually all riled up and chattering - this starts on the walk into their bedroom.

I put them in their cage - say "work it out" and then MARVEL IN THE QUIET TIME for the rest of the night :D ;)

Here they are in their sleeping cage on their sleeping perch.

ii

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used to put my boy Pichu to bed around 8 pm. One night I had been out to dinner with friends and got home around 9 pm. He was so active, I couldn't believe it. He played and played until 10 and then went to his sleeping place. Now, every night between 9 and 10 is his most active time. I'm usually home by 5 pm and we eat together by 6 and he hangs out playing a little....but at 9 he has the best time. He is so much fun to watch that I hate to cut his play time short and he usually goes to bed at 10 pm. I get up and leave early in the moring and the room is dark but the blinds are open, so he can sleep in and the he probably gets up with the sun which comes in the west window. He's doing fine with it and his personality is great, so I think he's "night owl". lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Meep meep meep

Buddy will start getting quiet about 9:15-9:30, then if you don't take the hint, or notice the time...around 10:00 he will just meep, meep,meep (his chirp sounds like a meep to us) until you notice and take him to his sleeping cage. He climbs right up to the top on the slinky and stays there until he's uncovered in the morning about 9:00. My husband goes into work late.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hi Buddy's Mom and Buddy to the site - Buddy is the second "Buddy" to join today :) - again welcome and I can't wait to hear more about your Buddy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts