Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Who believes that your little babies notice things like your haircut and the color shirt you are wearing - to the point where if they don't like it, then they won't want to come close to you?

LOL, sounds silly, but a P'let owner suggested to me that this may be the reason why Kiwi's acting so odd and now I'm really beginning to take up on that idea! I had my haircut on Saturday, cut my hair from midway to the waist to above neck level. I sure hope this is what Kiwi's throwing the fit about!

Other owners have said that whenever their birds see Winnie the Pooh, they react differently. Or when their human's fingernails are painted red, or when they're wearing orange or red, etc.
I believe this might be true. Not so sure about the haircuts, but I know Sam never liked when we wore brightly colored shirts, or when someone was wearing nail polish.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, it took some time, but he finally came around and got used to my haircut, LOL! He's acting like his normal self again, waiting and begging to come out of his cage.

Now I'm afraid to get another haircut. My friends think I'm weird, ha! (If only they were here to witness his different attitude towards me after the cut!)
Skweek is a weirdo as well. He charges around his cage all puffed up, growling away when he hears plastic crumpling. He also freaks out at pretty well anything red. And he dislikes some people for no reason......

Love him!

BT

·
Registered
619 Posts
Pickle has many likes and dislikes..

i have a bright yellow coat, and if i go to say hello to him when i come in before i take it off, he'll threaten me.

he also hates nail varnish, he wont let my hands any where near him when i have it on (i know its the nail varnish because i had enough in the middle of one play session and took it off half way through and he came to sit on my hands for a cuddle straight after)
so i dont wear nail varnish any more.

Pickle also goes made for plastic bags, he doesnt want to touch them, but when you russle them he gets all puffed up and excited and starts shouting about...well i dont know but its pretty funny.

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
Jinx doesn't like nail polish either, more so about particular colors! So I haven't worn any in years. Otherwise, I've noticed too when they get colored pellets, they'll pick out specific colors to eat first... usually red, green, purple, orange... but never the yellows! My Grey on the other hand, will leave behind the oranges!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, Ollie can't stand when I wear nail polish. Instead of nipping at my fingers, he'll run away and hide until I convince him that it's really me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts