Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone here has any experience taking long car trips with parrotlets, I'd be grateful to hear about it. I'm taking a round trip home to visit family in a couple months, about 8-10 hours each way, and I want to take my parrotlet with me since I'll be gone about eight days and I don't want her to become depressed. I'll have a petsitter for my other animals but she can be very nippy with strangers and they generally prefer not to touch her. Someone told me, though, that I ought to be concerned about the car's vibrations being bad for her. Is this true? Has anyone successfully made a trip of this length with a parrotlet? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kermi loves to travel

Our parrotlet, Kermi, loves to travel in the car. I just keep him in his cage, taking down anything that can swing, and secure the cage in the seat. He loves it. He sings most of the ride, especially when a song comes on the radio he likes. We have travelled as long as 8 hours with him. If it's cold, we'll wrap a towel part way around the cage. I think your bird should do fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts