Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
If Paulie happens to get to bed later than his usual time. I will let him sleep until he has had at least 12 hours.....sometimes 13. He is unusually vocal on days when he didn't get enough sleep...screaming and really tearing into his toys! It must be their nature to need more sleep.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have problems sleeping some nights and if I'm up and cover Bitsey Jo she wants to be uncovered because I'm up, but in the morning, if I can, I leave her covered till she rings her bell for me to come and uncover her. Last night there was a mosquito in the room biting and I was up trying to find and kill it and I worried it would bite her and I looked under her cover and there was that little face was....wide awake. She is still covered now at 10:00, I'm gonna wait for her to get up on her own.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Chipper is usually quiet all night, even if I get up for something. But, if she wakes up, she will ring a bell and stay quiet. She sleeps covered. She will remain quiet when hubby leaves to go to the office early. She is not ready to get until momma gets up at 9am!

She usually sleeps like this, between the cage bars and her long ball toy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My bird seems to have the same problem lately. We keep him in the living room and he's usually covered up by 9pm. We don't stay up late, so by 10 at the latest the TV and lights are off. Sometimes I stay up and read for awhile in bed and I will hear Bean chirping and chattering away. He's not playing with anything; he's usually up on his sleep perch. I watched him the other night, he even has his eyes closed while he was making all this noise. If I get up in the night for the bathroom, I'll hear him at like 3 or 4am. In the morning when I uncover him, he can't stay awake! I am hoping it's just a phase. He seems okay after work and in a good mood, so I guess he naps most of the day, which could be why he's up all night? I'm sure our tiel that is down there with him wishes he would shut up!:)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Very interesting – I wonder why? :confused:

Both of mine are quiet all night. I’ve never heard either one make a peep after they have settled in for the night.
I keep mine in a separate room at night uncovered. I close the blinds when I put them to bed but the room stays somewhat lit until sundown. They are always still on their sleeping perches in the morning. I am up and about for about 30 minutes before I go and get them and they never make a sound until I enter the room.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts