Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... I went ahead and puchased the new larger cage.... gah i'm gonna throw up. It's all good. My little Gelato will enjoy the large new cage as well as getting a girlfriend in the future. it's all worth it for these little basket cases

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Thats great Catfish - Congratulations I know you won't regret it and you'll have it paid off in no time and be so glad you got it -

Be sure to tell us all about it when it arrives - now the horrible part - WAITING :(

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You know, Gelato will take ownership of the entire cage and will not like intruders in his domane ;) .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tiny bird. Giant cage. Who's the boss? Gelato. Just those litltle eyes make me buy things for him.... those little doe eyes that look at me and say "please buy me this. I weally want it." Who owns who :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
You will not regret it. It is so much fun to furnish the cage with goodies! It may take a day or two to get used to it, but boy is he going to love the room. How exciting!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
catfish

We need a link to the cage you finally picked! This way we can calculate your credit card bills for you ;) :D

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it's going to be home for one tiny little bird.... and then maybe his girl.

And I wonder why people think I'm crazy. See that's what i like about here. Everyone just understands why I do the things I do.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
catfish,

I can't wait for you to get it! Mostly because I want to hear what you think of the assembly directions :D :D :D, my cage was made by the same Chinese company...;) :rolleyes:

Actually, since yours is a single rather than a double, it won't be as much fun.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh my... this could be interesting.... I can't promise there won't be some choice words thrown about... better do this one alone at home so my anger doesnt get misdirected to anyone else....

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Oh yes, they are so much fun to put together - the directions or lack of - make no sense :p

BTW if Gelato is the inquisitive type let him be with you when you are putting the cage together. When I was building Rupert's he was walking all over the cage as I was assembling it - he was inside it before it was even built and he never needed an adjustment phase to get use to the cage :D

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ohhhh that's a great idea! I'll do it! He loves to see what I'm doing, especially when I'm online. I play an online game and likes to watch by looking down from the top of my screen.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Although I was a bit freaked I was going to squish Rupert - just watch him and he'll have as much fun as you ;) :p

Thats neat Gelato watches what you are doing on the computer :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Booger has that same size cage. When my son in law is here he always looks in th cage and asks wheres waldo!
Linda

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it took me 30 minutes to put together. It would have only taken me about 15 minutes had it not had one faulty screw hole... the part that was placed in the predrilled hole to hold the screw in place was loose and fell down the hollow part of the bar. I luckily had some screws that were wide enough screw the 2 parts together (I had a bolt cutter, so I cut off the excess piece of the screw so the birds wouldn't chew on it).

It only had a picture to go by, but I was able to figure everything out. It's pretty big imo. I did say some choice words in my head as I was putting it together, but now that I am done I am very happy.

Tomorrow I will fill it with Gelato's toys and various swings. I will eventually add more things in there, but that will take time. He will be in his new home and I hope he will be very happy.

He will be getting his sister Hpnotiq this september (if everything goes as planned). Hopefully, by Jan they will be able to live together. We will see as the time comes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts