Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was CONSIDERING getting another cage in the future. I would like to anyways. Kai seems happy with his cage, but I know he'd much rather be outside sitting with me... so he basically stays outside his cage the whole when I am home. Unfortunately, when I am at school he is stuck inside his cage... so i think it would be a nice treat if i save up money.

I was wondering what were your guys dimensions? bar spacing? etc. (in inches I guess) and if you have any net links to good places to get cages and/or the links to your cage themselves. Just want to see whats out there.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Paulie likes his cage. It's much wider then tall..I think that works better. We got it at PetsMart but Drs Foster and Smith catalog has it too. And it won't set you back a years pay either.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
:confused: :confused: :confused: Okay, maybe someone can help. The pictures show up while I am logged in but when I log out of the forum they do not show.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Pado,

Nice cage, I have the generic, no-frills equivilent (same quality but a simple rectangle. Mine is twice as big though.

RE posting pictures: I have the same problem. I ended up using a photobucket account to link in pictures.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Art,

Thanks for the info, I ended up having to use photo-bucket.

Post a picture of your cage – I’d LOVE to see it – I would actually liked to have gone larger but I think I’d need more than just one P’let to justify it :rolleyes: - so I went with what I figured would be a good home for Mr. Peepers plus one that would kind of blend into the house as a piece of furniture – didn’t really 'blend' :D - as it’s the first thing people mention when they come in – then the next sentence is ‘why such a big cage for such a little bird’

- Non-Bird people, they just don’t ‘Get it’ :p

Your guys must be ecstatic to have that much space.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Pado,

Here is a picture I posted earlier (i think there are others floating around).

This is the text from a post in another thread:

This is very similar to our cage (probobly the same Chinese manufacturer, just a different brand). The assembly directions were great :rolleyes: , they consisted of a single drawing with a few arrows and no text!

http://www.birdcagemart.com/Flight_a..._64_x21_2.html

We got ours in 'Charcoal' - it makes it look less imposing.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Wow, now THATS a cage and it comes with a VIEW :D

I love that is has a DIVIDER - if I saw that one first I probably would have ended up with it and another Parrotlet !!! :eek:

VERY NICE ! ;)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Memmey,

:D

Pado,

I'm pretty sure that all of these cages are made in the same Chinese factory, most of the extra cost comes from the brand name, the rest comes from how fancy the cage is.

I'm still very happy with my cage. I mage a plexiglass divider, to replace the standard one, so that if I put it in the birds can't bite each others toes through the bars (do you want to guess how I knew to prepare for that...:rolleyes: ).

I've used it once when MeMe, the girl, kept kicking Sparky, the boy out of their sleeping area. I put in the divider and moved MeMe to the other side, she was very unhappy but it worked great. I think she learned her lesson, she has been particularly sweet for the past month.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Pado,

They are FAST!!! :cool: .

If you are aiming your question about them flying into the plexi divider, I thought of that - I have small holes drilled through it,evenly spaced in a diagonal grid pattern, so they can see it.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
No - actually it was a botched attempt at a joke :eek:
REF: Memmey's post: Cage envy - guys compairing 'cage' size
thought I'd equate 'fast cars' to fast birds -
didn't work :eek:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Oh I don't know, I got it. LOL Your fitting in just perfect around here. Art thinks he's clever messing with me sometimes but I don't pay him any attention.LOL You were joking about how fast they are but I think he has said they really do fly fast and hang on the curtain and take off. Art ,didn't you say that once, don't they fly laps? Oh and about cars well he has the fastest birds ands go look at hobbies he's got the cars too...oh Gosh... but I still get the pickiest eater trophy Mister.LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts