Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a major cage problem here. I say that about every topic but this is the reality, "I can't find a suitable cage for my buddy in Turkey". Big cages either have wide bar space or they are tower like which I know is not the best and also their width are small about 50 or 60 cm. I would like to buy a more square like and safe&durable cage for my birdie. I am looking amazon etc, but none of the cages I like are available for shipping to Turkey. Do you know a website that I can shop which ships to Turkey? Because I am about to lose my mind, I am trying every single option here :(
Right now, he has a small cage which I am not sure about the safety. But as I am home office right now he is out of his cage when he wakes up and until he sleeps, about 11 to 12 hours. But I really need an upgrade for when I won't be so available. Your help is very appreciated over here, thank you!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi Beyza,

Overstock.com ships to Turkey. They sell bird cages. It is good that you are checking the bar space. If you do not like any of these, I will check some more to see if I can find anything else. I bet Pastel will love getting a new cage! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,047 Posts
Bar spacing is the most important factor, which can be challenging to find in a safe and appropriate cage. Because he is out of his cage so much, having it a bit small isn't such a big deal right now, but it is definitely worth looking for an upgrade. Hagen Vison is a brand of cages that works for small birds and maybe can be found internationally? I don't know what companies ship to Turkey unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
Bar spacing is the most important factor, which can be challenging to find in a safe and appropriate cage. Because he is out of his cage so much, having it a bit small isn't such a big deal right now, but it is definitely worth looking for an upgrade. Hagen Vison is a brand of cages that works for small birds and maybe can be found internationally? I don't know what companies ship to Turkey unfortunately.
I was also thinking perhaps if you were to contact Hagen directly they could help you with possibly shipping one to you if you can't find one there? I know this sounds really odd too but I once was contacted by someone who had a vision cage they purchased in a different country and it came with three quarter inch bar spacing. I never had seen that before I didn't even know they made them so I would be absolutely sure you make sure you're getting the half inch. I believe this person was in India.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello all!

Thank you so much for all the answers. I have been researching like crazy. I have contacted Hagen and waiting for an answer. I am so sad to find out that with Turkish rate it is crazy for me to purchase from abroad. Because a 237$ cage becomes 806$ with shipping cost and fees&taxes and it makes 6800 Turkish liras which almost equals to my montly wage (thanks to currency rates in my country). So I decided to do more research, if I can't find any, I will probably try to save for it. I want the best for my birdie but I will do the best I can for now. :)

If you happen to know another website, I would be so happy if you let me know so that I can make more research and see my other options.

Here is Pastel, eating on me and thanking you for your help;

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all, I have a major cage problem here. I say that about every topic but this is the reality, "I can't find a suitable cage for my buddy in Turkey". Big cages either have wide bar space or they are tower like which I know is not the best and also their width are small about 50 or 60 cm. I would like to buy a more square like and safe&durable cage for my birdie. I am looking amazon etc, but none of the cages I like are available for shipping to Turkey. Do you know a website that I can shop which ships to Turkey? Because I am about to lose my mind, I am trying every single option here :(
Right now, he has a small cage which I am not sure about the safety. But as I am home office right now he is out of his cage when he wakes up and until he sleeps, about 11 to 12 hours. But I really need an upgrade for when I won't be so available. Your help is very appreciated over here, thank you!
Try Wayfair. They have some nice cages w 0.5 inch bar spacing. Idk if they ship to Turkey, but it is worth checking. Avian Adventures is a brand that also has cages w 0.5 bar spacing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello all, I first want to thank you for all your help. I just wanted to give an update. I found Montana Madeira 2 cage in Germany, which is also used by the great people here in the forum as I read. I have a friend living there so I asked her to ship it to me. I hope Pastel will love his cage! Any design tips would be appreciated :)

·
Super Moderator
5,047 Posts
:) I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a cage that you can get! I look forward to the pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts