Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a play stand for my quaker and my parrotlet.

Basically it's made of dowel rods. I used hemp to wrap the center to keep the birds away from screws. There are 2 cups that contain either their nutra berries or their pellets. There is a hanging basket that will hold a toy ball Gelato the parrotlet loves, plus some milet. The perches are of different sizes for their feet, and there are various toys present. There is also some rope net I built at the base for the to chew/climb on.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Oh, that's so neat! I wish I could make something like that, but I must be the most unhandy person in this world -.-

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Putting it together didn't take that long to do. The longest part was to wrap the post w/ hemp.

I'm sure you could do this one without too much trouble. Just make sure you have a power screw driver, doing it by hand is not easy.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Just a bit of hot glue on the bottom, not enough to ooze out... just enough to get them to stick. The birds have can't get to any of the glue really.

It took me 5 hours to glue the hemp down. The hemp has about a pin prick of hot glue holding it down on each side of the rod. the only glue they might get to is at the base and that is minimal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts