Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm brand new to Parrotlets. I've had a Kakariki for about 3 months.

I've finally gotton my second bird. First one died the day it arrived. I'm thinking I've been dealing with a [email protected]$. So many things have gone wrong with this deal. If there is a place to vent about breeders I'd be gald to.

But right now I'm hoping someone can tell me were my second bird came from. Can you believe it, he's trying to pass on an older bird he bought from someone else as a breeder. It's not even one he raised. I know b/c the band is not his.

The bird is from california and the Band no. is GM###. Does anyone know who this is. I would like to learn how old this bird is. I was supposed to receive a hand-fed baby. But this guy is passing off older birds that didn't breed. The list of greivences is a mile long so I won't bore you with what a jerk this guy is.

Thanks!
-Koki

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Welcome and sorry to hear the problems you have had with your breeder. What did your first Parrotlet die from? Did you have a necropsy performed on the first ones body to see why it died? – Did you have it checked by an Avian Veterinarian when you first got it home?

Personally I don’t believe I would have dealt with this breeder again considering how you feel about him. And I would recommend taking your current bird to a certified Avian Vet ASAP for a check up and to answer more of your questions – given the circumstances it would be in the birds best interest.

A normal Parrotlet (Mutations you need to check) that is under 4 months of age will have a completely dark eye – older than 4 months they begin to get a lighter colored ring around the outside edge.

Here is a Website on leg bands – Hopefully it will help you.

http://www.birdsnways.com/wisdom/ww5eiii.htm

I'm sure you'll get more posts with more info - :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts