Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. My name is Chelsea and I own (1) Parrotlet, his name is Buddy. I wanted to come up with a better name than that, but we just kept calling him little Buddy while deciding on a name. He is almost 2 yrs old now. I never thought I would have a bird, but after bird-sitting for a friend, we were hooked.

The first year was rough for Buddy, as inexperienced bird owners, we made the disasterous mistake of having him in the kitchen with us while we cooked. And we almost cooked him. Boiling water still gives me the chills to look at. He had a slow recovery, but since he was young, he bounced back.

Then a few months later, we discovered that he had a broken leg! My Mom said she was going to call the bird police on us for abuse! That was a painstaking recovery. He bit and tore at his cast and we had to keep replacing it.

Thankfully, he has been accident free for about a year and a half. That was enough for one lifetime!!!

We are head over heels in love with our bird and enjoy lettin him play with my Mom's Parrotlet, Amelia. She's a blue mutation and he's the standard green.

I'm glad to be a part of this forum since you are all as crazy as we are about our bird!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi Chelsea -- welcome to the forum...Buddy is a cutey and I can only imagine your agony with his mishaps. You definitely sound crazy in love with him and I'm certain he returns that feeling. you'll love this forum -- a lot of knowledgeable people to help out always.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Chelsea - I just noticed you are the same Buddy's Mom as posted yesterday - I was thinking we had 3 Buddy's now :D

The pictures of Buddy are adorable - the story of how he was almost got himself cooked was scary - I've always heard to be wary of cooking when your birds are out but never heard of it actually happening - that must have been horrible for you (and Buddy) - I'm glad he came through it okay.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Welcome! Hope Buddy will stay accident free from now on! So glad he is ok and I am glad you are here on the forum! I am looking forward to photos!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome, Chelsea! Buddy is adorable. Those are some pretty scary mishaps! Waiting to see more photos of him... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts