Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy Was A Traditional Green Male Pacific Parrotlet That Was Over 1 Year Old When I Purchased Him In San Diego , CA . Not Much Info Was Known About Buddy's First Year Other Than What The Sales Lady At The Pet Shop Knew About Him . She Said Buddy Had A Very Young Girlfriend That Became Pregnant , Then Egg Bound And Died In The Cage That They Both Were Living In Back In 2007 . So The Sales Lady Was Very Happy That I Purchased Buddy And He Was Going To Have A Good Home . Buddy Was Rather More Of A '' Birds Bird '' Than A Human Friendly Bird . So In 2010 I Made A Trip Back To San Diego And Purchased '' Bullet '' Our Blue Male Pacific Parrotlet . They Quickly Became Great Friends And Were Able To Live In One Large Cage Instead Of Two Smaller Cages . They Slept Feather To Feather And Cuddled Next To Each Other Every Night . Bullet Eventually Became The Dominate Male But Buddy Was Fine With That . We Buried Buddy Underneath A Desert Willow Tree Outside Of Bullets Room . This Message Was Very Hard For Me To Write , But I Felt Buddy Deserved To Be With The Other Parrotlets In The Rainbow Bridge . So Thank You Buddy For Being Part Of Out Lives The Last 14 Years .

Mitch & Bullet

Registered
Mitch,

I am so sorry to hear that Buddy passed away! I know it is very hard to deal with loosing such a fine bird. 15 years is a good amount of time, but it still is a shock . I lost my last two parrotlets 18 months apart and it still hurts, even though it has been a couple of years since my last one passed.

It is so nice of you to bury Buddy under a Desert Willow tree. I made a headstone for a parrotlet that I had named Bogie. He is in my rose garden next to a bird feeder and birdbath. Buddy must have meant a lot to you and I know he is with my Bogie and Ricochet and other birds at the Rainbow Bridge. Give my regards to Bullet.

David and Vicki馃馃

Registered
My heart hurts for you! No matter how long we have a beloved pet, it鈥檚 never long enough. Their devotion and love for us is something that cannot be measured. I鈥檓 so sorry for your loss.

Super Moderator
He was beautiful!! Wow 15 years, that really amazing. His age is a testimony of what a wonderful life he had with you. I'm know you miss him dearly, I'm so sorry for your loss.
RIP sweet old boy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts