Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My parrotlet started developing these brown feathers on his head and it's really worrying me ☹ Does anyone know what's causing it?
I thoght he was bleeding at first because he fell, but when i rubbed it with a wet napkin, there was no blood

Finger Parrot Toy Terrestrial plant Thumb

· Registered
1,345 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. What a cute little greenie you have! So, this brown spot appeared after he fell? It is possible for birds to damage the pigmentation in their feathers. Not sure if the fall caused it, but color changes can be caused by medical problems or diet. You may want to get him checked out by a vet.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum. What a cute little greenie you have! So, this brown spot appeared after he fell? It is possible for birds to damage the pigmentation in their feathers. Not sure if the fall caused it, but color changes can be caused by medical problems or diet. You may want to get him checked out by a vet.
Ok thank you so much for your help

· Super Moderator
3,905 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum. My apologies for my late reply - our internet has been completely out for a couple of weeks (rural nightmares) so I am way behind. How is your little fellow? Did you take him to the vet? I am not sure what caused those brown feathers but have some concern when you said he fell. Did he hit anything? He looks like a little wee guy - is he very young? Looking forward to a bit of an update - I hope the little fella is ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts