Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i have a question. I have a pied blue male parrotlet and and American white female parrotlet, I was told those are both considered the blue mutation and that means i cant breed them because there babies will be weak and have a shortand lifs spand, is that true? Also is it safe a breed and American yellow and a turquoise pied?

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The questions you asked can't really be answered 100% accurate here. But I do know that besides from mating the Green to green parrotlets ( with a true green ancestry ) , that any other colors all are weakened because of the many genetic splits in mating one color to another color to another color and so on and so on.....
Unless we have a breeder in this forum, you may need to contact a breeder and ask your questions. One problem I see is that we do not know what the true backgrounds of the birds you are questioning about. You should get more forum responses soon.

Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
You were told correctly that the blue pied and American white parrotlet should not be bred together and those are some of the things that can happen if you do.

It is incorrect that all "any other colors all are weakened because of the many genetic splits". You won't find many green parrotlets without a mutation in their genetics in this country. A visually green parrotlet does not mean that it is not split to something. A green parrotlet is not necessarily healthier than one of a particular a mutation and they still can be in-bred.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts