Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I am starting the search for our second Parrotlet, and was wondering if anyone can PM me reputable breeders either in MA or New England area who have an open aviary for site visit or reputable breeders who ship.

I want to make sure I get my next birdy from someone who is well liked and taking excellent care of all their birdies including their breeder birds!

I had been checking out Friendly Bird Aviary (Florida) who ships; their site looks great but does anyone know them/have experience with them?

Also, if I were interested in a Green Rump, what are the chances it would be "okay" with my slightly hormonal female Parrotlet? We're not looking to make them best friends, but having them out at the same time without wanting to attack each other would be great (and of course we'll put in the effort with training/introductions, etc)

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Redernite. I live in boston & know of a lovely, 9 month old yellow(possilbly pied) in Marlboro that needs a forever home. The ad said the little boy doesn't have time for it.

Look at my "Parrotlet proximity alert" post. Please let me know if you're interested. (I'm toying with doing a rescue w/o husband's approval)

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Good luck in your search to expand your feathered family! Would love to know how you do when you get one!

·
Premium Member
12,210 Posts
Sorry I don't know anyone from that area. Good luck with your search and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
That yellow one sounds interesting----I got my Ollie in Florida, from a great breeder who recently does ship. Her birds are VERY healthy and reasonable in price. Tell her what you want & she'll see what/when she can do for you. Send a PM and I'll give details. Best of luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There's a man in East Taunton, MA who has 2 more for sale (one blue one green). $75/each. Message me if you'd like the ad so you can e-mail him. :)

I just picked up my little Pickle from him a few days ago.

·
Super Moderator
4,818 Posts
I know a good breeder based out of Atlanta, GA. If you are willing to consider a trip I can send to you via a conversation.

I believe you are from the north east. I suspect there are people that will be along with recommendations shortly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts