Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,
I have had my 2 darling parrotlets, Kelli Mae and Kristi Belle, for almost 15 years. Pacific parrotlets. They are blood sisters. I just last month lost my Kristi Belle suddenly, and Kelli and I are heartbroken but doing better. I want to find Kelli a companion. Does anyone have suggestions for really ethical breeders? I am open to suggestions. I am in Oregon. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,833 Posts
Members that have good breeder contact info please send a direct message (now called conversations) to the OP in that we do not openly discuss breeders on the site.

I have a very good breeder I used for my last bird Rio. Very ethical, very into co parenting and is very hands on breeder so when we finally pick Rio up he even knew what a travel cage was. She is based in Atlanta Ga and she does not ship since she considers that an issue so I am not sure how helpful she would be for you where you are located. For us we had to drive a day to and a day back when getting Rio.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
I am so sorry for your and Kristi's loss! I have lost parrotlets, too, and it is very hard to get along after that! This time of year is not a very good time to send p'letts anywhere. A good breeder will,not send a bird this late in the year. Delta airlines are a good way to send a p'lett anywhere. But, I do not think they will do it this late in the year. I wouldn't ! You are facing a living bird that will pick up on your depression. The best thing you can do is spend a lot of time with your remaining bird. They are flock animals and they need extra closeness when their partner passes on. Also, there is a chance that the new bird may not be treated well by Kristi.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Members that have good breeder contact info please send a direct message (now called conversations) to the OP in that we do not openly discuss breeders on the site.

I have a very good breeder I used for my last bird Rio. Very ethical, very into co parenting and is very hands on breeder so when we finally pick Rio up he even knew what a travel cage was. She is based in Atlanta Ga and she does not ship since she considers that an issue so I am not sure how helpful she would be for you where you are located. For us we had to drive a day to and a day back when getting Rio.
Thanks, Ozzie. I am grateful for the info and your kind reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am so sorry for your and Kristi's loss! I have lost parrotlets, too, and it is very hard to get along after that! This time of year is not a very good time to send p'letts anywhere. A good breeder will,not send a bird this late in the year. Delta airlines are a good way to send a p'lett anywhere. But, I do not think they will do it this late in the year. I wouldn't ! You are facing a living bird that will pick up on your depression. The best thing you can do is spend a lot of time with your remaining bird. They are flock animals and they need extra closeness when their partner passes on. Also, there is a chance that the new bird may not be treated well by Kristi.

Dave
Thanks, Dave. I appreciate your condolences and good advice. Just want to add that Kelli and I are getting on quite well....immediate grief yes, depression, no, but now we have beautiful memories and warm hearts with Kristi's spirit living within us. Thank you so much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts