Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! My name is Krista. I just joined this forum... I will be the proud owner of a green male pacific in a week and a half! I am so excited to go get my little boy...his name is going to be Froot Loop. (like the cereal.) :) I have done a LOT of reading online about parrotlets (which led me to this forum)...but to be honest, I feel like I know nothing about being a bird owner! I have been around pets my entire life, but I can't say that I have personally owned a bird. My brother used to raise doves though....lots of cooing. Anyway, I am so glad to join y'all, and I would appreciate any information about becoming an excellent owner that I can get! Have a great day! -krista :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm glad you joined the forum, Krista. You are wise to have done a bunch of reading. I did the same before I got Bitsy. All of my time was well spent. Plan to spend lots of time with Froot Loop and feed him lots of nutritious food. I found that getting Bitsy settled in was challenging and lots of work, but well worth the trouble. He's almost 6 months old now. Welcome!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Poke around this site, you should get a general sense as to what you're in for. If you are expecting a calm quiet bird, you probobly will not get it from a boy! Only the girls are calm and quiet. The boys are a bit on the hyper side. Lots of fun though.

Good luck!

Art S.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for welcoming me in! I am getting the sense that y'all are like a little online family of p-let lovers here. That is so fun!

Texas huh?? I'm from Louisiana, the good ole south. =) I bet if you're anything like all of my friends from Texas, you have the whole "Texas pride" thing ingrained into you.

ArtS, thanks for the welcome! You must be a very popular guy...I've seen you all over this site! I am quite the hyper, spasticat person myself (hence my user name), so I am happy to have a hyper little guy around.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
In that case, the boy will be perfect!

By the way, Memmey and Bitsey Jo are from your neck of the woods!

Regards,

Art S.

PS. Yes, I probobly spend too much time on here, it's a good thing most of the members seem to tollerate me :) .

·
Registered
514 Posts
Texas pride....hmmmmm- I've actually been away for quite a few years. I do think TX is a neat place, although I'm very glad to be away from my hometown- Abilene - lol. Anyway, keep up the ya'll language, ok???? And enjoy your little parrotlet!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for welcoming me in! I am getting the sense that y'all are like a little online family of p-let lovers here. That is so fun!

Texas huh?? I'm from Louisiana, the good ole south. =) I bet if you're anything like all of my friends from Texas, you have the whole "Texas pride" thing ingrained into you.

ArtS, thanks for the welcome! You must be a very popular guy...I've seen you all over this site! I am quite the hyper, spasticat person myself (hence my user name), so I am happy to have a hyper little guy around.

Thanks again!
Welcome a board!!! I'm sure you're going to have a blast on this forum. I must say, I have the whole "Texas pride" thing. My girlfriend is from North Carolina and she's always like, "ugh, Texans!" It's pretty funny! When first spoke to her over the phone I thought she was from Minnesota or something. She had a strange accent. She said that the area where she lived was full of relocated yankees. LOL!

I don't have much of a Texan accent, but every once in a while I'll say something that just screams Texan. My girlfriend has a field day with it.

I'm sure you're going to love the site and Fruit Loop! They need lots of love and attention!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts