Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

A couple of months back I was asking about really big castles for Bokeh. I finally decided on a castle. As others have said, it was a bit hard to put together, but now that's it's done, it's great. I guess these side-by-side cages are called "breeding cages"? Anyway, I wanted Bokeh to be able to use the whole thing, so in the end, the hardest part was building a hardwood spacer between the two sides.

This is just awesome. I know it's a bit expensive, but Bokeh can legit fly back and forth in his new domain, it's a bit over 5 feet long. It's very cool to see him doing laps in there :)

At night we move him to his old (really nice), vision castle. You can see it next to his new one..

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Looks great! Bokeh will love this new addition! By the way....the name Bokeh.....How did you come up with that name? Over 40 years ago, I used to say the word " Bokeh " to get my brother's attention when we worked on a project together, like painting his house. I would say " Bo'keh " just to aggravate him! I don't know where I came up with that word.

David

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"bokeh" is a Japanese term having to do with photography. You've seen pictures where what's in the foreground is in focus, and what's in the background is blurry? That creamy / blurry background is call "bokeh".

We like photography, AND Bokeh moves around so fast, he's usually a blur.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
My brother is a blur! haha. I like the way you came about and named your p'lett. I had a p'lett named Ricochet. We called him that because he moved around his cage from perch to perch in a fast way. It looked like he was bouncing off of things, like a bullet ricocheting off an object. My other p'lett was named Humphrey Bogart Miller. We called him Bogie. My wife and I were in a restaurant called Applebees and saw a picture of Humphrey Bogart looking at us and we named our new p'lett after the actor.

David

·
Registered
770 Posts
Wow! That is some cage! Is your bird enjoying all the space they have to stretch their wings? My bird loves to fly in her flight cage, which is small compared to this, so she would love something this big. Anyway, this is awesome. What a lucky bird!

·
Super Moderator
4,459 Posts
What a great setup. Especially if he likes it. I considered something like this once for Jules but she is a perch potato and does not even use all the smaller cage she has. She much prefers the whole house. Now that we have Rio I may reconsider this... It looks like a good cage design.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It took him a little time to really take advantage of the space. But after maybe a month he was confident that he could really fly in it, and now he puts in a lot of laps everyday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts