Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yes, this usually means he/she is about to regurgitate! Consider yourself flattered!

·
Super Moderator
3,705 Posts
Wooing or crop adjusting. Note that Kiwi has never felt the need to woo anyone - but she adjusts her crop a lot! If Twee is making kind of yawning motions while stretching his neck - it is probably crop adjusting. But I must say, from what you describe, he is probably more in love!

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
mine never does that
Wiggle-necking is a parrotlet marriage proposal, so it isn't instant or guaranteed. Some birds will propose to anything, while others will never seek that relationship with their human. Tumi started with me at about 5 months, but he was a snuggle-bug from first sight so I knew he'd wiggle-neck for me. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wiggle-necking is a parrotlet marriage proposal, so it isn't instant or guaranteed. Some birds will propose to anything, while others will never seek that relationship with their human. Tumi started with me at about 5 months, but he was a snuggle-bug from first sight so I knew he'd wiggle-neck for me. :)
I just love my tweetlebug she just did it right now for the first time awwww

·
Administrator
5,316 Posts
I just love my tweetlebug she just did it right now for the first time awwww
Wiggle necks are adorable. It can be part of the mating ritual that is followed by regurgitation so try not to encourage it too much. Still it is very cute.

·
Super Moderator
3,705 Posts
It’s so funny but really, not to be encouraged. Kiwi has done it so rarely but I can’t help smiling when she does. It’s typically to something random and unexpected too, never to me personally. Someone said their bird wiggle necks to a Pam spray can. Hilarious but can only lead to disappointment in the end …

·
Administrator
5,316 Posts
It’s so funny but really, not to be encouraged. Kiwi has done it so rarely but I can’t help smiling when she does. It’s typically to something random and unexpected too, never to me personally. Someone said their bird wiggle necks to a Pam spray can. Hilarious but can only lead to disappointment in the end …
That is Rio, he has been a bit amorous lately. The Pam can was funny, guess he was in a tall, red head, phase. He has a full harem of medicine bottles. We have been putting stuff in them to make them rattle or ring and he is in bliss. Wife hung a few from his cat stand and he likes to beat them up and make them rattle and wiggle at them. I think he is that 18 year old boy phase where the crack of dawn gets him to want to wiggle neck :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: ginziputzi
1 - 17 of 17 Posts