Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday while I was learning from a thread talking about hemp seed oil and such, I discovered a good brand of red palm oil so I ordered it and Harrisons omega bird bread and bread pans. hopefully they arrive today and I can make some tonight and have it nice and ready for tomorrow.

So here comes my silly question, is it ok for human consumption or just birds? and what should I mix with it.

Also does anyone know a good regular bread recipe? im ready to get my hands into bread baking

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't think it would kill you if you ate it, haha. I don't think it would taste very nice though. I don't particularly find it smells appetizing. If you are worried about it going bad, you can bake small batches at once by changing the ratios of ingredients or you can freeze the bread for 6 weeks. It has things like bentonite in it, which is sort of like a clay? It's often in face masks, but it's edible in small amounts. The majority of the other added things are vitamins and minerals (e.g., niacin, riboflavin, biotin, thiamine etc.)

You can also use regular vegetable oil (as long as it is good quality) in bird bread. I used extra virgin organic olive oil for Monty's bread. I don't usually eat organic much for myself but I usually feed organic to the bird.

Here's the ingredients:

OMEGA BIRD BREAD MIX:: *Flax, *Corn, *Quinoa, *Grey Millet, *Chia, *Hull-less Barley, *Toasted Soybeans, *Peas,*Lentils, *Peanut Kernels, *Sunflower Kernels, Calcium Carbonate, Baking Powder, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Brown Rice, *Alfalfa, *Psyllium, Bentonite, Mixed Tocopherols (Source of Vitamin E), *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, Vitamin/Mineral Supplement (Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Del-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate and *Sunflower Oil) *CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Crude protein (min.) 16%, crude fat (min.) 11%, crude fiber (max.) 6%, moisture (max.) 10%

*indicates organic ingredient

In terms of regular human bread, I don't bake bread myself but this local bakery makes amazing challah. I could eat challah all day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it would kill you if you ate it, haha. I don't think it would taste very nice though. I don't particularly find it smells appetizing. If you are worried about it going bad, you can bake small batches at once by changing the ratios of ingredients or you can freeze the bread for 6 weeks. It has things like bentonite in it, which is sort of like a clay? It's often in face masks, but it's edible in small amounts. The majority of the other added things are vitamins and minerals (e.g., niacin, riboflavin, biotin, thiamine etc.)

You can also use regular vegetable oil (as long as it is good quality) in bird bread. I used extra virgin organic olive oil for Monty's bread. I don't usually eat organic much for myself but I usually feed organic to the bird.

Here's the ingredients:

OMEGA BIRD BREAD MIX:: *Flax, *Corn, *Quinoa, *Grey Millet, *Chia, *Hull-less Barley, *Toasted Soybeans, *Peas,*Lentils, *Peanut Kernels, *Sunflower Kernels, Calcium Carbonate, Baking Powder, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Brown Rice, *Alfalfa, *Psyllium, Bentonite, Mixed Tocopherols (Source of Vitamin E), *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, Vitamin/Mineral Supplement (Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Del-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate and *Sunflower Oil) *CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Crude protein (min.) 16%, crude fat (min.) 11%, crude fiber (max.) 6%, moisture (max.) 10%

*indicates organic ingredient

In terms of regular human bread, I don't bake bread myself but this local bakery makes amazing challah. I could eat challah all day.
Yes she loved it! I used the red palm oil and made the whole batch and froze the rest!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts