Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

So... I'm working at my new job and I've been spending some long long days in the office and decided that Diablo should not be at home alone all day. So, I brought her to the office on days when my roommate is not home.

Thankfully, everyone loves her (seriously, how could you not love a tiny birdie!). She spends her time trashing my paperwork, sitting on my shoulder and spreading seed and chaos all over my desk :D

When she gets loud or spazzy, I pop her in my desk drawer for some serious time out and she is learning very quickly that she has to be a quiet birdie when she's here.

I think the highlight of my week came when I left her unattended for a few minutes and came back.. she'd decided she wanted a bath in her drinking cup and had thrown water all over my desk. She wouldn't let up so i stood her in a bowl and dropped water on her head until she was satisfied with the result.

So, anyone else cart their bird around with them?

·
Registered
835 Posts
This is wonderful and too cool that she bathed :)

I will post a word of warning - I hear stories from customers and previous bird people about taking their birds to their office at work - and then there is some tragic accident involving a bird flyout or something due to a co-worker, or a co-worker doing something terribly stupid that harms the bird's life when the care taker is not right there. So, please just be very wary and enjoy her time with you at work!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I take mine to work

as well. She has a nice office cage and a playgym that is on the corner of my desk. She has a much larger cage at home. She flys around and does not leave my office. Everyone loves her and comes in to say hi. I also have an American and English Budgie in my office as well. They get time out of their cage daily to fly. They just do loops and lands back on their cage. We have 2 office dogs and another lady has two budgies in her office. Lots of office critters to awwww over. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would get murdered if I brought my bird to work! But it would be great- maybe I could get him to answer the phone...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Very cool Lucy!

I have only one extra word of caution - check out your building's ventilation to make sure your bird is not exposed to a draft.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Chipper would be great at work if I worked outside the home. I am a stay at home fur and feather mom. She would be very quiet, but she likes to have a very quiet naptime at about 3pm. I turn out all lights and there is no tv on. I nap also.

Does Diable like a quiet time during the day?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello!

Well, I work in an office with only a few other people and Diablo comes with me for lunch, the bank and wherever else as required.

I am a bit worried about the air conditioning but since my apartment STILL doesn't have proper screen doors, I am more concerned about leaving her at home with the windows shut and risking her getting too hot or having her hassled by some cat or other nasty coming in and worrying her.
My co-workers are all very respectful of diablo... so far but if I was concerned then I would stop bringing her.

As for the quiet time, she does take a nap every afternoon. Usually she starts to get cranky and I put her in my empty desk drawer so she can rest or else she just sleeps on my shoulder. Hehhe, i also have to wear some sort of smock or old sweater because she's not so discriminate about where she goes potty. Hilarious.
I'm probably considered the weirdest articling student as a result but could be worse... I could be the most orthodox

1 - 8 of 8 Posts