Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so birdie loves too bite.. I know what a shocker.. Lol she has not once drawn blood or broken the skin.. She has biten me very hard leaving indentation and bite my big burleigh builder husband so hard the other day he put her back.. Still no blood etc iv been doing gentle beak and sometimes it works.. I will reward her with a pea each time she does it and I can sometimes even put my finger on top of her head or beak and she stays still... Now do I carry on with gentle beak and just hope it suddenly clicks or should I know when too try something different??? 9

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
If it works sometimes, I would keep doing it. Many parrotlets respond well to it. Even with gentle beak, many parrotlets will sometimes use their beak "inappropriately." When Tumi gets frightened by something, I get bit every time. But he is a fan of beak rubs, so gentle beak can be used the majority of the time to get him back into acceptable behavior.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Keep at it! This will take time and even then, they'll still bite every once in a while. They are wild animals and will act like wild animals :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts