Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,345 Posts
Are you talking about the Bird Street Bistro that you cook? I tried it with my previous bird a few years back. I remember it smelled really good. I only remember that she ate the grains mostly. Not too much the veggies and fruit. The pieces may have been too big. I honestly can't remember if I tried cutting them into smaller sizes or not - I like to think I did. I finished the bag, but because she wasn't really into it that much, I never purchased any more.

Now, this is just my experience with my bird. Every bird has its own taste and preferences so your bird may enjoy it. Just be prepared to have to cute some pieces into smaller sizes if they are too big for your bird.

· Registered
29 Posts
I'm using it and giving to my parrotlet. It is a high quality mix.
I'm also preparing my own "mash" / porridge from various recommended seeds and freeze dried vegetables and fruits. It's pretty similar.

Whatever I use, my own stuff, Bird Street Bistro or a combination, I prepare it (soaking then just a couple of minutes of boiling), let it cool down, put into smallest ziplocks and keep in the freezer.

Every morning I unfreeze the daily portion in a microwave, mix in some freeze dried vegetables, sprinkle a bit of Badia Trilogy Health Seed, 21 Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0196KE0KK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share and give it to my parrotlet. He really likes it.

I also have some issues with pieces of vegetables being too big. My parrotlet seems to mostly pick smaller pieces (grains). But he is slowly progressing, and I also hope that nutritious stuff from veggies penetrates grains too.

Look for Dr Jason Crean, China Prairie company @drjasoncrean | Linktree and Very Veggie Chop Topper - Make your own parrot dry mix 100% freeze-dri

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! My little Birdwyn, aka Wynnie, is a good eater. He likes pretty much any veggie and fruit, all pastas and grains.
I usually make him a portion of whatever I'm eating, less the salt and certain spices.
I'm expecting his first bag of Nutriberries tomorrow.
I may try the Bird Bistro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts