Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anyone use bird bath spray? Not this particular one, I just wanted to post a picture so there wouldn't be any confusion as to what I'm asking about. I was wondering if I should get some for Baby. I give her a bath with luke warm water or sometimes I see her taking a bath in her water bowl.

Would this be beneficial to her or would it be harmful, maybe a waste of money?

Thanks to everyone who replies!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Maybe a waste of money...cool. clean water is just as good I think.
What if your fid happens to be allergic to something in the bath? You wouldn't know until it was too late

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a good point, birdiemom!;) I was thinking that how can you go wrong with clean water!? Thanks!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've read that using store bought "baths" are pointless and can do more harm than good. Plain water is your best bet! :) Unless grease or oil somehow got on your birdy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well, yes, that all sounds very good, but how do your birds react to bathing?
Bibi is terrified is I mist-spray her, so I do that only once a week, maybe once in two weeks. She HATES it. But it sets her too preening afterwards and later she seems quite statisfied... What should I do?
She bathes herself every now and then in her drinking bowl, wich is none too big so only her head en shoulders are something like wet, although she is shaking her bottom like she would like to bathe a bit more.
Do your p'lets like to get wet?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I take my hints from Paulie...when he trys to get into his water bowl, I get out the spayer! He loves it when he's in the mood and it's his idea! If it isn't he will not allow it...very simple. That happens about every 3 weeks or so.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I take my hints from Paulie...when he trys to get into his water bowl, I get out the spayer!
That was my thought as well, but it doesn't exactly work the way I expected :rolleyes: That might be a p'let thing as well, don't you think => that things work out different as expected :D?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts