Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
After reading reading posts from here off and on for a few months, I’ve taken the plunge and decided to joint up. I’m currently BirbMama to 7 small parrots. 2 GC Conures, 4 Budgies and the reason I joined.. 1 Pacific Parrotlet.

I’ve had my parrotlet named Razzberry for a year and a half. I still get amazed that such a smart mind can be in such a small package! I’ve been slowly working at earning his trust and helping over some fear hurdles. When I first brought him home he was terrified of hands and didn’t like being where I could see him when he was out of his cage. He liked to hide in my hair and stay on my shoulder, but back just far enough that I couldn’t see him.

Now he will step up and let me carry him around. If I’m laying down he’ll stand right in front of my face, talk to me and give kisses in the hopes that a bit of sunflower seed will be rewarded! We still have a way to go on other fears and training in general. I really think that taking on parrots means being willing to learn about them in general and your own flock individuals specifically.

I might not post a lot as I’m typically pretty quiet and like to read the conversations. On the flip side though, get me talking about my birds and I could go on and on. They are my world and my heart in feathered form!

All the best to everyone,
Lisa and the fids

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Welcome Lisa and your incredibly impressive flock of fids!! Wow! What an exciting crew you have there! I would LOVE to see photos of them all (recognizing that that is a tall order in your case) and especially (of course) Razzberry! I can see how your experiences with birds is helping you with him. You’re doing such a great job! It’s amazing to see how different birds can be from one another.

I look forward to hearing from you on your progress with Razzberry and any stories or wisdom you would like to share in general on life with an avian family!

Reactions: Anya

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
Glad you decided to join. WE LOVE TO TALK about bird. Also like pics of birds so your came to the right place.

Reactions: Anya and LunaBlue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Ginziputzi and Ozzie3860 for your kind welcomes! I love talking about birds and sharing pictures! I’m excited to learn from those with more Parrotlet experience than I have. You don’t know what you don’t know until you know! Being birb momma to a variety of birds has helped me learn to adjust my training based on their personality and species. I’m looking forward to seeing and hearing about all the fid adventures everyone here has to share.

Lisa and the fids

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Welcome Lisa and flock! Nice to have you all here on the forum! Seven birds - Wow! That must keep you busy! Wonderful that you were able to get Razzberry used to your hands and are helping him to overcome his fears. It is funny how they are scared of one thing and not another. I always thought it was funny how Cleopatra would be scared of a little bobby pin but not of a big noisy vacuum cleaner - she would sit on my shoulder and chirp away happily as I was vacuuming! My vacuum even flashes different color lights on the top of it and it did not bother her one bit. Go figure! :rolleyes: How cute that Razzberry kisses up to you for a treat. What a little charmer! Looking forward to hearing more about Razzberry and the rest of your gang! 🦜🦜🦜🦜🦜🦜🦜

1 - 7 of 7 Posts