Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Donna has her foot all back to normal. I am so HAPPY!! However:confused: I have noticed that her beak the tip is a yellowish like its dried and cracked..she has a cuddle bone but does not use it alot. I have seen that there beaks do seem to get cracked looking but should i be doing something for this? Should i worry? Can it be her diet? Any ideas would be great

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
Sounds like normal wear and tear.... it should smooth itself back up as she chews on stuff.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If she doesn't use the cuttle bone a lot I would suggest getting her some powder calcium, just for general use. As for her beak, I agree with Jinx n Noodle, wear and tear. Does she have a branch or something to wear it down on?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Agave doesn't have a cuttle bone but she has one sand perch she LOVES to use for her beak. She also uses other natural wood perches for her beak as well (she has tons of perches, all of different materials and textures - sand, willow, java wood, rope, etc). It will get peely, and then a few days later it's all polished and as good as new :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts