Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Do anyone have an idea what color my baby parrotlet will be? The mom is green and the dad is blue. Do you think they will be either green or blue? Or a mixture of both? Also the mom only had two babies.... Will there be a chance one will be a boy and the other a girl? I'm not sure how it works when it comes to parrotlet babies especially when there are only 2 that hatched.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
I see one blue, and one green. It's really hard to tell from the photo if male or female. Are those the babies or the parents? Sorry I just realized maybe that's the parents. LOL
blue and green very observant of me right? Haha
When the feathers start to come in on the babies the breeder can tell. It's any body's guess what they will look like, the babies don't always come out the way the parents look. The green gene is dominant, so it just depends what the other bird has as its recessive (non visual) gene. Green is most likely.
Love the little pile of naked birdie bugs! :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
My green boy came from a blue mom and a green dad. I wouldn't trade him for the world! I wanted a green baby the most. :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Mrs.JP3 is correct in that. My pair C (blue) and Rikki (visual green split to blue) have green and blue offspring. If the green one of the parent birds is a full normal green, all the babies will be visual green, but will have the recessive blue in them. Does the breeder know the colors of the parents of their green bird? Whatever the turn out, all the best with your new baby!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey! Thanks so much. Oh he defiantly knows the color of the green girls parents... But I already bugged him enough haha. He said as soon as he knows the color I ll be the first to know. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts