TalkParrotlets.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley goes to see Byron de la Navarre, DVM at Animal House of Chicago. He has a lot of impressive credentials and he has never had an issue handling or treating Harley despite his small size. He has a lot of in-house capabilities and is extremely knowledgeable. He sees a lot of avian patients and he has really helped us try to get to the route of Harley's plucking/barbering issues over the last few years.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post about where we used to go, so correct me if I should not and I will delete it- but we used to go to Heal Veterinary and see Dr. Cari Rasmussen. She's extremely sweet but I did not feel that Harley was getting the proper level of care due to his size when seen by her. She said she could not hear his heart beat at multiple visits and also mentioned an uncomfortability performing certain procedures on him specifically due to his size (cone placement when he started plucking, beak trim, etc). She might be great for larger birds but over the couple of years that we saw her, I did not feel that she was fully comfortable with the smaller guys so when we ran into Harley's barbering/plucking problem I felt that we needed to move to someone with a lot more avian experience. After lots of internet researching, we found Dr. Byron.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts