Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tater will eat AviCakes and kind of pick at Nutriberries. What I'm wondering is how often he should have either of these items? He still wont eat pellets (grrr) but I keep adding them to his dish every morning. I was reading the packaging on these products and it seems to me that these things can be used as 70-80% of the diet:eek:

So whats everyone else doing? Do you give these to your birds everyday?

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
If I gave them to the prince every day, he would eat them every day. He seems to have a slight preference for nutriberries over avi cakes. I don't give them every day because he wouldn't eat his pellets if I did. He's not a fan of roudybush as it is.

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
My two refuse pellets and will starve all day until I give them nutriberries so that's what they get and I put the pellets in their birdie bread. Can't hurt.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Mine wont eat either but the teen squirrel in my front yard sure does. He gets a couple every day so I guess they didnt go to waste.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
233 Posts
Peeps has started to discover them. I broke one up in one side of his bowl. I just got a toy with a wood foraging pot on it and I crumbled one up in it. I haven't checked to see if he found it yet.

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
I think I'm going to try Nutriberries next time. Bobby won't eat anything other than seed. Completely ignores pellets, fruit and veg no matter how I try to trick him into eating them.
Mine doesn't like pellets either but he does love his nutriberries and it is part pellet so at least I feel he's getting both. The Vet said to just feed the nutriberry but I still give some seed and then his fresh veggies.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Mine wont eat either but the teen squirrel in my front yard sure does. He gets a couple every day so I guess they didnt go to waste.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
None of mine are fans of nutriberries. Haven't tried avicakes, don't want to waste more money on them.

Oliver eats pellets. Cozette starves herself until I refill the seeds, linnie ignores the pellets altogether. He does like to play with the dish they are in tho:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
None of mine are fans of nutriberries. Haven't tried avicakes, don't want to waste more money on them.

Oliver eats pellets. Cozette starves herself until I refill the seeds, linnie ignores the pellets altogether. He does like to play with the dish they are in tho:rolleyes:
Lafeber's makes something called Nutri Meals.Very similar to Avi Cakes that comes in a little pack that costs about two bucks if you want to check if your birds will eat those. Timmy eats them.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I give my Huey a snack every night. He gets a veggie (loves broccoli) and I alternate between avi cakes and nutriberries and pellet berries. He eats everything so
I know he is eating some pellets, I am not sure how much he is eating from his food bowl as he tosses food to the bottom of the cage. He gets his snack in his playgym not in his cage. I put the gym next to where I sit and he has started climbing onto the couch near me. Progress for sure... he also has different toys on the gym. He is such a little piggie!

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Lafeber's makes something called Nutri Meals.Very similar to Avi Cakes that comes in a little pack that costs about two bucks if you want to check if your birds will eat those. Timmy eats them.
I tried the nutrimeals...finally found them here. Oliver does like those. Not the nutriberries tho. Only the linnie likes those and she's not a huge fan either.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I tried the nutrimeals...finally found them here. Oliver does like those. Not the nutriberries tho. Only the linnie likes those and she's not a huge fan either.
YOU tried the nutrimeals? How did they taste to you?:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts