Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Not sure if this is correct forum posting but I wanted to ask our members if they were interested in receiving an artpiece of their bird. We are in lockdown here and I am bored when I'm not working so I wanted to give back to some of the members of the community here - perhaps by painting a deceased/beloved bird or two. I occasionally do pieces of birds (see photo) in acrylic and I can do a piece on a canvas paper (would require a frame) and mail it to someone, or just take a photo like this one. The one here is on wood, but I do canvas stuff occasionally (all my canvas paper stuff is of people I know IRL though so I don't want to post them here).

This isn't advertising... I'd do it for free. I do this for fun, not for money and I don't think mailing in the US from Canada would be too expensive (couple of bucks). All I would need is a relatively high quality photo of your bird to reference and we should be good to go! Also I probably only have time and mailing money to do 1 or 2 for now, but if it's not too expensive I can do more later on down the line.

If you'd like a piece, PM me and we can chat about it :) Hope you're all doing well.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
This is incredibly kind of you! That cardinal is astonishingly lovely. You have quite a talent!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hey, kiddo! I hope you and Monty are doing good! Your artwork is great! I love it! :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all 🥺 appreciate that.

I have one slot left (for now) if anyone wants one :)

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
This is incredibly kind of you! That cardinal is astonishingly lovely. You have quite a talent!
I agree. Your cardinal is stunning. It is so nice of you to offer. If you have the time one day, a portrait of my late Timmy would be so lovely.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
I agree. Your cardinal is stunning. It is so nice of you to offer. If you have the time one day, a portrait of my late Timmy would be so lovely.
Awwwwww Timmy. Bless his sweet heart. Miss the little guy.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Pretty.....

·
Registered
863 Posts
Wow! It is wonderful - I am sure David is going to love it. Just be sure not to forget to sign it, Ms. Artiste. ;)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi all - an update on the portraits. I have been busy with work but in my off time I have finished one of the portraits.

I present to you...

Humphrey Bogart Miller!
View attachment 46624
Thank you! I am glad you did this. In case our forum members want to know, this acrylic painting will be on the cover of Bogie's book. Anya mentioned that you needed to sign it, well, you did! ( Next to Bogie's left foot/ankle! ). As you and I have planned, this will be on the cover, but I will have to determine the size, of course! You got a picture of Bogie when he was young. He was 18 months old in this pose. At 20 months, I removed the band on his leg.

The title, " ALONG CAME..." Will be above Bogie and the words, " BOGIE ! " , will be below him.( ALONG CAME BOGIE ! is one of two titles I have chosen. I will decide which one later. Your name will be credited with a statement inside the front cover about you!
I have written 240 pages and the book is complete, but I will shorten it a little...maybe.

I will e-mail you later! You have a wonderful talent!

David and Vicki

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you! I am glad you did this. In case our forum members want to know, this acrylic painting will be on the cover of Bogie's book. Anya mentioned that you needed to sign it, well, you did! ( Next to Bogie's left foot/ankle! ). As you and I have planned, this will be on the cover, but I will have to determine the size, of course! You got a picture of Bogie when he was young. He was 18 months old in this pose. At 20 months, I removed the band on his leg.

The title, " ALONG CAME..." Will be above Bogie and the words, " BOGIE ! " , will be below him.( ALONG CAME BOGIE ! is one of two titles I have chosen. I will decide which one later. Your name will be credited with a statement inside the front cover about you!
I have written 240 pages and the book is complete, but I will shorten it a little...maybe.

I will e-mail you later! You have a wonderful talent!

David and Vicki
I am happy to clean it up in photoshop so it is book cover appropriate, including the title. :) I will chat with you via email later :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you guys hear? Royalty is visiting the forum!
Presenting HRH Timothy Frederick. Those pill bottles were hiding the jackpot.

I have also retaken the photos for Bogie's picture - I will be scanning these next time I have access to a scanner, but a photo will do for now.

@Bigboy I am happy to do one for you - I will PM you.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Last one! It's dundaadaadAA! @Bigboy!

Again, phone camera sort of kills what it looks like but you get the gist until I see my parents.

That's the last one I will do for now. If I decide to do another set I will let all of you know :) I have other projects I am excited to work on but I always like doing parrots.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts