Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
You have to see the RealLite candles then...bEaUtIfUl! I have one & it even has a timer! No flame, no scent, no air particles & it looks like REAL! Promise...:D
Wow! I just looked them up! They do look quite real in the pictures! Is it just like that in real life?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Learned the Hard Way

Burning any candles can have detrimental effects on your fids. Candle use is evident when you change your furnace filters, so imagine what the birds (& humans) take into their lungs. I've heard that Scentsy Wickless are "safer" but not to be used in the same room as birds. I'm thinking if it smells strong, it's really not safe at all. I do however, use Scentsy in other rooms of my house & my birds are fine, as are my friends birds. I guess it comes down to a choice...safe or possibly sorry...

I used a strong smelling deoderizing stick in another room of my house for only a few days- I started to very faintly smell it in the livingroom where Jose was- we almost lost him due to pnemonia brought on by burninghis lungs from the fragrance. Just wanted to caution the use of any scented product in your home unless you have a very large house which mine is not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I also was wondering about the pots and pans. Are they only ones that are safe is the non stick ones... that is such a bummer to have to use those, i was wondering if any other kind of ware can be used that is safe..

thanks!!
I hope you meant that you could only use normal pans because NON STICK pans or anything that IS non stick will kill your birds. No waffle irons, no Teflon, no air fryers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,087 Posts
I'm not sure if unscented are ok or not, would love to know though! I love candles myself but am paranoid about the smoke/smell when you blow/put it out!
Here is a tip for putting out candles. There is an actual product called a wick dipper but you can use a paper clip that has been opened up. Bend the burning end of the wick into the melted wax and pull it back up. No sulfur smell and the scent of the candle still remains in the room. Your wick will have a coating of wax on it and will light easier next time too.
 
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Top