Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hi Maria! I think it is great that you want to make your own bird toys. I have done that – it is fun and less expensive than buying them! I take apart old toys and reuse the parts. Just be sure to avoid anything that could trap a parrotlet’s head, foot or beak. Also be careful of anything that is metal - like bells, chains and rings. It is best if they are stainless steel. Nickel plated is okay to use also. Anything else could be toxic, containing zinc and lead which is a common cause of toxicity in pet parrots.

If you go to the section on here that says Talk Parrotlets - underneath it there is a Do It Yourself sub forum. You will find all sorts of ideas on there for making toys and other bird things!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Grechka is so beautiful! I have a fondness for green parrotlets. I remember one person on here once said that every time she looked at her green parrotlet it reminded her of a bright spring day! :) I like the pic of Grechka peeking around her food dish, too. She was checking to see if you were still there! :D They are so adorable!
Thank you for posting the pictures. It is so nice having you on the forum. I hope you visit often and let us know how Grechka is doing. Have fun making the toys!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts