Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/user/tweakfox
^ This is my YouTube account, here's where I post all of my videos for my little Pacific Parrotlet Tinkerbell!

I've seen a few posts on Clicker Training around this forum and I was wondering if anyone would be interested if I took the time to put one together?

I'll probably put one together regardless, but I would like to know if anyone had any input or would like examples of how to teach specific behaviours?

Here's a list of the tricks Tink can do, if any of you would like to see something specific (based on those tricks listed) please feel free to let me know!

"Foot" - Gives me her foot.
"Say Hi" - Waves
"Touch" - Touches the end of a chopstick.
"Pick it Up" - Picks up the object I tap with my finger.
"Turn Around" - Spins around on the spot.
"Put it Away" - Puts away a coin.
"Climb Up / Get Down" - Climbs up and down a ladder.
"Step Up" - Pretty basic, every birdie should learn this one! ^^
"Belly Up" - In my hand on her back.

Other things I could show are things like:
- Practice taking meds.
- Earning trust.
- How to use a clicker.

Let me know! I would definitely have fun putting a little something together! ^^

·
Registered
335 Posts
:D OH YES....I'd love some visual help!

I was excited to see your video with touch and turn-around. I loved it!! :p I was so excited that I ran to the store the next day to get a clicker and treats...although I'm STILL working on finding a treat Seamus would be interested in 'working' for. He likes NOTHING!

He's in a 'mood' lately and I'm not liking that I can't get him off my shoulder without having band-aids handy. He never used to be like that?

a bath? Forget it, wants no part of it. However, he will gladly try to stick himself in his too small water dish when I'm not looking. :rolleyes:

I would love the video!
Want to just trade birds for awhile? :)

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Yes, i think it would be VERY helpful for people to see on video how you've trained your bird!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our first video is almost done! It covers introducing the clicker and the "touch" command. I'm just in the process of uploading it to YouTube, so hopefully my internet doesn't go down again... :) I'll post once it's done uploading to let you all know! ^^

·
Registered
110 Posts
Oooooh Can't wait! I have a clicker, guess I should get some millet and a nice pointer... Is a chopstick or one of those thin coffee stirring sticks okay?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks so much! Tink and I are both looking forward to the next one! ^^ I'm writing up a little "script" for myself of the things I've been asked to cover. This is too much fun! ^^ I would totally love to make a dvd! It's a nice dream... ^^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts