Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not just a parrotlet lover.... I AM A HEDGIE LOVER!!!! :D :D :D

Meet Rikki Tikki Tavi. My baby hedge!

Such a good-boy. Such a big, cute, fluffy tummy!

Look at that sexy leg kick!

CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

How can you Resist that face???

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

In Dear Memory of Mr. Prickles. He died while coming out of surgery though anestia (sp?). He died of genetics with an enlarged prostate. He was bred by a irresponsible breeder.

I love you my quilly baby *sob*

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
There bellies are soft (definetely when you give them a oatmeal bath)... they have white fluff all over thier bellies, tail, and face. The back all the way up the head is quills.

Paula, I am very experienced with hedgies. Hedgehogs can get there feet or nails caught in that specific wheel or any other wire wheel. Hedgies feet are very tiny. For hedgies, we use bucketwheels or Comfort Wheels -- not Silent Wheels.

I dont want to risk Rikki getting caught up in wire and breaking something... or in some cases... ripping off a toe as I know someone who's hedgie had to go to the vet for that.

Thanks for the suggestion though. :D It is easy anyway to clean the wheel with baby wipes or hot water with disenfectant like Dawn Dish soap while they are having thier daily foot bath.

O! Yah. That first picutre of Rikki was just about 2 days ago. I put him on a new nutritional food. So his colors are brighting up and he is getting much healthier with skin and quills. ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know about wire wheels. They're not safe for any animal. The Stealth isn't wire though. It's gutter guard which is completely different. I respect your thought though since you have experience with these little cuties and I have only learned from a few acquaitances.
hey are just the cutest!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
They can still get their little toes caught in the squarish type grid that makes the "running" part of wheel. I wouldnt risk it. I know Hedgies feet are different than suggies. The squares are kinda big...they are good for the suggies cuz the suggies feets are more like hands, and they can grip the squares.

Sorry.

But thanks for getting the thought out. I will talk to the others with much more experience (14-16 years of experience -- the big ones on the website) to see about this new wheel.

Thanks!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts