Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This just might be our new baby, Alfredo (aka Alfie)! Been talking with a few breeders and almost adopted a yellow parrotlet, but found out that that breeder hadn't been spending time with her and she turned wild. That made me nervous considering I will be a brand new parrotlet owner and I imagine I will have my hands full with a freshly weaned baby, let alone trying to tame a grown turned wild parrotlet. So we found another breeder a couple hours away from us who I had a very good feeling about, and we are putting a deposit down tomorrow! Wish us luck that everything works out and we have found our newest addition to the flock! I'm so excited :D When I saw these photos I definitely felt a connection to this baby!

If anyone has any tips for me and my boyfriend so we can prepare please feel free to leave them in the comments!

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
He's adorable. Make sure you have plenty of millet and gram scale to make sure your baby doesn't regress after coming home.

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
So cute! Read up on the Bonding and Training section to get ideas on how to prepare yourself mentally. They can be monsters, but they are also awesome and wonderful!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
Oh he is adorable, and I love the name!! Ditto on the millet, and prepare a small cage/home for him before you plan on putting him in a big one. They feel safer as baby's in a little space and they can be clumsy so it's less likely he will hurt himself.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Great advice----use the Nutriberries to bond with him!! It's a breakfast routine for Ollie & I. Any time of day it is a good treat----best to you.
Love the baby pictures. Alfie fits him.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Alfie is a cutie...good luck with him! :)

I think you were wise passing on the wilder bird, especially the first time out...the one you've chosen will likely prove much easier to work with, given he is being socialized.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts