Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I want to start feeding my parrotlet chop. I also don't know where to start. Rio has been (and still is) an extremely picky eater. He only eats seeds, eggs, some fruits, and only certain kinds or no veggies at all.
However, I made him chop it before, and he did not eat it at all; he hated it.
Does anyone know any simple recipes I can introduce to him?
Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
5,396 Posts
put what he likes in the chop also. maybe nuts, seeds he likes. make him work for it to avoid the chop and maybe he will like some of it. Also, eating is social with birds. Act like you are eating the world greatest chop and he gets to steal a bit will sometime get it done.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Definitely sprinkle some seeds over it. Start off with any veggies and fruit that they like, and gradually add other kinds. You can add eggs to it. Try some legumes and grains. Offer the chop first thing in the morning when they are hungry and more willing to try something new! You just have to be more stubborn than they are, and never give up!

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Well, you already got some great advice! Kiwi is notoriously a “one food at a time” bird and she is pretty particular about the way she like it. For example, she will only eat cooked, mashed carrots (she will not eat it cooked and sliced - has to be mashed) and she will only eat romaine lettuce sitting on my hand. If I put it in her cage through the bars, she tosses it to the ground in disgust. She loves broccoli and will eat it any way but she really loves it when I slice the tops off thinly so it is like a million little seeds. It’s just trial and error really. Just be creative and don’t give up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a parrotlet that I just bought, he is about 4 months old. He is an extremely picky eater and I have been trying to figure out what to feed him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts