Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jack has been irritated a lot lately. He still likes to come outside and sit on people's shoulders or under hair, but sometimes it seems like he's just having a bad day and hates everyone. He bites people, runs away and then comes running at you with an open mouth occasionally, yet he still does the really loud chirping to call someone back into the room. Some of this I must attribute to his surroundings... we are remodeling our house (pounding & such downstairs), so we had to move his cage into my bedroom for now. He also got a new cage recently - significantly bigger than the previous with lots more toys - and he doesn't quite feel like leaving it sometimes. Also, I go to college out of the city, so I bonded with him well before my big departure, but I'm wondering if he thinks of me as a stranger for the weekend.

Another thing is that he runs his beak up and down the cage bars, usually frustrated like he's trying to get something off, but there's never something there. Before he'd be taking out baby feathers and I'd help him remove it from his beak because they'd stick. Is any of this bad news?

PS- I promise I'll put up pics of Jack soon!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're not sure because he was given as a present. All I know is that he is relatively "young". Ironically, many people had to leave out of the city in the time I had him, so it was really just me who had to help him get comfortable at home. Then I had to leave for school, so it couldn't be much helped. I hope it wasn't that detrimental!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts