Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was at the Feed & Seed here in town picking up some accessories for the aviary I'm building for my two doves, and lo and behold I saw the most gorgeous pair of masked lovebirds...

I had to pry myself away from them and tell myself that I really don't need two more birds (I have the two dove ladies and my parrotlet Louie), nor do I have time.

But then there's the but...but... sort of sinking feeling :p

They looked like this, and were cuddling each other (add that to my anguish ;)):

Oh man, Louie would have a cow if I brought home more birds to devote more loves to!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
:D :D :D

Actually, there is a little girl parrotlet at a local store that I would love to get.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
582 Posts
That lovebird is beautiful! I don't think i've ever seen one like that before. I've always liked lovebirds ... right after parrotlets of course!:p

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
They sure are gorgeous birds - I had a roommate many years ago that had two black masked lovebirds - Oh but they were LOUD little things and constantly so :eek: But they were great to watch.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Yep, VERY loud for sure. Very pretty too. I am SO spoiled with Chipper, she is so quiet and good for me!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes, Lovebirds in general are too loud for my lifestyle. They are SO pretty, though! I fell in love with some of the violet-colored ones.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sally, you are so lucky that Chipper is quiet! Even though our house is quiet - soft music playing - only occasional barking from Beau (doggie), Bitsy is LOUD! Truly loud. He's a sweetie, but I sure wish he would be sssshhhhhh!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts