Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to switch my parrotlet off of her more unhealthy bird food to something a bit better.

When we bought her from the breeder they gave us some ABBA seed (I think the 1200 - but I'm not sure) and she'd eat that. I was looking at switching her back to that and mixing in the pellet food; however, I came across this Volkman Super Science Parrotlet food and was wondering if one was better than the other.

Has anyone out there had much luck with either? I'm trying to figure out which one I should try. Is one better than the other? Any insight would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I've never used ABBA but I know that Volkmans is a very high quality seed. Its what I feed my birds, and they all love it. :)

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I've never heard of Abba seed before, but I've heard of Volkman and have used it in the past. It's a good brand.

·
Premium Member
12,210 Posts
I use Volkman and my little guy likes it.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I have used ABBA seed before, in fact I sometimes mix that with other seed. I think it is more known in the East.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I use Volkmann's super too. My fussy eater now loves it, tho he didn't at first...............
How long did it take before he liked it? I've begun using Volkmann's and while Daisy might pick at it, she definitely doesn't like it as much as she did the mix that came with her from the breeder.

·
Premium Member
12,210 Posts
How long did it take before he liked it? I've begun using Volkmann's and while Daisy might pick at it, she definitely doesn't like it as much as she did the mix that came with her from the breeder.
The best way to introduce new food is to mix it with the food they are used to and slowly reduce the amount of the old food till all that is left is the new food over a couple weeks time.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Don't know Abba seed, but feed my Harrisons & Sunseed brand mix. It is mixed with more pellets ground finely.
I will have to try to Volkman's next time around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.