Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have a question to ask from the pet and wild bird lovers. I am going to use the hummingbird feeders to attract these small jewels in my garden. For this purpose, I am going to hang these feeders around my pet bird cages in the garden. I have budgies and Cockatiels colonies in my garden. But I am little confuse, as these birds may be discourage the hummingbirds to visit my feeders. What do you think, is it possible to attract the hummingbirds in the presence of other pet birds? Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yes, I have a question to ask from the pet and wild bird lovers. I am going to use the hummingbird feeders to attract these small jewels in my garden. For this purpose, I am going to hang these feeders around my pet bird cages in the garden. I have budgies and Cockatiels colonies in my garden. But I am little confuse, as these birds may be discourage the hummingbirds to visit my feeders. What do you think, is it possible to attract the hummingbirds in the presence of other pet birds? Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.
I also have a ton of feeders at my backgarden, right where Monty sits to look out the window. He has never discouraged any feathered friends from visiting (although he screams at cardinals). The more friendly ones (finches and chickadees) will also come by even when he is outside. I'm not sure about whether cockatiels outdoors would discourage them, as long as they aren't so close to the bars that the birds can reach each other?

My only other concern with hanging the feeders on the cages would be the potential for disease transmission from wild birds to your pets, but if they are outdoors already or most of the time, I don't think there would be much difference than what you have now, and there would be no food mixing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts