Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bitsy has a new playgym - and sends thanks to Sally for the idea! She mentioned a while ago that Chipper has a Tinker Toy gym. So I bought some tonight, and hubby and I sat and made a gym! What fun! Bitsy was already "in bed" for the night, so he'll get to see it tomorrow. The only problem was that we ran out of pieces sooner than we ran out of enthusiasm. It's cute! I'll try to see about posting a picture. I'm not very good yet at pictures - if anyone wants to send me hints on how to do it- feel free! Anyway, I think Bitsy will be very excited!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ohhh, I want to see pics! Speaking of playgyms, Nemo's in need of a couple more. He seems to be getting bored of his other ones.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Wonderful!! We just bought a new can of Tinkertoys and added on to our Tinkertoy gym. We put this one next to two more gyms. This is all so good for them. Keeps them learning about new gyms. You can change the Tinkertoys one and add on and we add toys to them! I will get a new photo and I hope to see your photos!!!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
These are kid safe I am sure, but if your P'let chews like MAD on the wood, I think you should be careful. Chipper does not, so it is fine.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sally, I'd wondered about that. Bitsy doesn't chew on his present gym, but thanks for the warning/caution. I CAN'T WAIT for him to see it tomorrow! We "old folks" had such fun tonight!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I can't wait to see your Tinkertoy gym! Here is a closeup and full view of Chipper with three gyms together. You can see the large T.toy gym. It is two boxes of the toy! I have no idea if it is ok to chew, but Chipper never chews the wood. There is a plastic version. I have the wood one. It is for kids so I figured it was safe. Especially if the do not really chew much.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Wow that tinker-toy one looks like a lot of fun - lots of fun climbing to do.

Sally ~ Is the wood colored or is it a varnish or something else that would chip off if it was picked at?

As my guy loves to chew all his wood toys -

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
My son just scraped and the color comes off. They are not for kids under three. I have never seen Chipper chew them. If you have a chewer, can you look at the plastic ones? They also have those, cheaper that the wood too.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
That was nice of you guys to check - Tell your Son ~ Thank you for me.

Mr. Peepers will definitely chew on them so I'd better stay away from the wooden ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts