Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Should these sections be added?

• Yes, all of them!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No, none of them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some of them. (post which ones you think should be added)

Votes: 4 50.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are quite a few things you can do to make this forum better.:):)
here are a few sections/categories that you may want to add:
**recipes/food ideas
**cage setup/toy ideas
**Parrotlet links
**a section for members to advertise their business, forum, weblog, etc, even if it doesnt have to do with parrotlets....just as a favor for members. (I have such a section on my forum...check it out. pets.logu2.com) (if you allow them to advertise, they will probably put a link on their webpage to this forum)
**classifieds
**and a section where people talk about the products they use, and their favorite ones, where to get them, etc.
_
Im pretty sure everybody would enjoy haveing these new sections added, and it wont make the general parrotlet talk section so crowded.
__
These are just reccomendations. I just posted them so people can discuss them and build off of them, and think of better ideas.
Dave can do whatever he wants because its his forum.
:):):)

·
Registered
794 Posts
whoa Nick! is this a hostile take over? I'm not voting, Dave has been great to us all and I vote to let him manage this site like he likes. No overthrowing the site manager....it wouldn't be right. You would agree right?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Its just reccomendations. No negativity in my post. lol

I was reading old threads in the reccomendations section, and not much action was taken over them. And lately, everybody has still been talking about great ideas.
Its not like im starting some kind of protest, boycott type thing. And there is nobody taking over anything.

Dave can do whatever he wants to, because its his forum. But I think theres a reason he made a section for feedback/reccomendations, and my post is just that.

So, sorry you don't like it.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Well in the thread:

"What features Do you want Added?"

These are my posts I Made:

What about a section called "Parrotlet Behavior and Anatomy"
Topics on physical features, colors, growth & development, noises, and assorted behaviors.

And, I think it would be fun to make a section called "Parrotlet's Voice"
A place where your pets can talk to each other. No humans allowed! -- I don't know about the popularity though in this.

Well, that is all my ideas. hopefully there is one that you like!

AND

And probaly another called:

"Parrotlet Housing and Accessories" Topics on properly housing your parrotlet. Where can I buy cages? Projects that I want to do. What mateials are safe to use? What about toys, seed cups, and other accessories?

I think that would be a whole lot better than posting those types of things in the General Section.

I am really for this!:D

So I am all for it!! And a Recipe Section would be a great idea too.

BUT would it make the forum cramped?... would it be popular enough?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
**Parrotlet links
**a section for members to advertise their business, forum, weblog, etc, even if it doesnt have to do with parrotlets....just as a favor for members. (I have such a section on my forum...check it out. pets.logu2.com) (if you allow them to advertise, they will probably put a link on their webpage to this forum)
**classifieds
**and a section where people talk about the products they use, and their favorite ones, where to get them, etc.

Sorry, Dude, but those are the only ones I think shouldnt be added

Here are my reasons:

**Parrotlet links : I don't really think it would be popular enough. Maybe a Sticky would be more reliable in sections.

**a section for members to advertise their business, forum, weblog, etc, even if it doesnt have to do with parrotlets....just as a favor for members. (I have such a section on my forum...check it out. pets.logu2.com) (if you allow them to advertise, they will probably put a link on their webpage to this forum): I don't know what Dave would decide, but he might say keep it on your profile. Sorry :eek:

**classifieds: There are not many people on the the forum that give stuff away al lthe time. I think it would be a great idea though, don't get me wrong... but I dont know if it would be popular enough... it would most likey take space up.

**and a section where people talk about the products they use, and their favorite ones, where to get them, etc.: I think this will greatle go on as asticky somewhere. But I do beleive that it is a great idea... just don't know the popularity.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I like how simplistic the site is now - Other Parrot/Parrotlet sites have so much going on its hard to keep up and most people end up in the general population forum anyhow. - Thats my two cents.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Nick,

I have made some of these suggestions to Dave previously. I think he is thinking about them.

Personally, I think the 'health' section should be expanded into 'health housing and diet' section and I am definately in favor a moderator/owner controlled links section (in other words, only approaved links be allowed). I'm generally not in favor of advertizing of general non-parrotlet related items or businesses but having a classified section for parrotlet related items may not be bad (but the logistics may be difficult and time consuming).

I generally agree with Pado, the site is simple and friendly and I don't think it's too busy, so I'd be more in favor of minor tweaks rather than the broader changes - I'd like to keep it kind of homey.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Don't worry Nick, your takeover plans are safe with me, just be a little more subtle, it will make it easier for me to provide cover for you ;) .

It's a conspiracy I tell you...:D

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
5 Posts
this is my second post on this forum... i've just joined today to learn as much information as i can about parrotlets before i own one. some things that would be nice:

Parrotlet Behavior and Anatomy

Parrotlet Diet and Nutrition (maybe what fruits and vegetables are exceptable, where to get certain seed, etc.)

Parrotlet Classifieds
(for people that make and sell toys, treats, maybe even sell cages and miscellaneous parrotlet things... and also a place where breeders can advertise or anyone that is selling their birds can post.)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Please keep this site as calm and simple as it is - it's what attracted me to it...lots of talk and information - that's what I come here for - not classifieds or ads of any kind.
Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
244 Posts
I love to read the posts here although I rarely post myself. I do not think I would like to see classified ads here. What I would like to see, what I think would be very helpful to others is a list of good avian vets in each state or area. Perhaps people's opinions of their vet too. Thanks for a great site just as it is.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts