Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,905 Posts
How exciting, Anya! I know how patiently you have been waiting for this moment and I am so happy it actually happened! Clever approach to it too. Talk about using the moment as an opportunity! I love these examples of successes when you allow yourself to be entirely in the moment. You weren’t worrying about things or distracted by things, you were just in a Pugsley moment and he was in a mommy moment. And magic happened. Love it!

· Administrator
5,428 Posts
Sounds like you got him. As long as something does not happen to seriously spook him it should get easier and easier to get him on you from now on.
I remember how tough it was to get my Jules and Bo to be on us much less hand friendly. It is a special joy in every little victory. Treasure them.

Reactions: Anya

· Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
Thank you guys! Appreciate all the support with Pugsley! 💞 I will always look back and think of today as a good day in my life. Pugsley voluntarily flew to me - landing on my arm! That surprised me! He walked up my arm, then onto my hand and for a brief moment was sitting on my index finger. He then jumped up onto the phone. What a good bird! :) I think he flew to me about 10-12 times! He landed on my arm 3-4 times! I had the cell phone out and the hemp seeds and as Jackie said, the magic began! No hesitation at all. Completely relaxed. Eating hemp seeds as he was sitting on me. He hasn't formally stepped up, but he was resting his feet partially on my fingers when he was balancing on the edge of the phone. So I think it will just be a matter of time before he learns step up. But for right now, we are just getting used to being together close-up, and I will just let him him come to me for now. When he went back into his cage, he was a very happy bird. I could tell he had fun. That makes two of us. I tell you guys, having a beautiful little bird on my finger again was the BEST feeling EVER. I have really missed that! 💚

· Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Wow, it is so cute. So now you need to consider carefully to give it a name. It will be so great.
Thank you! His name is Pugsley. He is actually seven months old now! I cannot believe that it has been 6 months since I first posted this thread. Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum. It is nice to have you join the flock. :) Do you own a parrotlet? If you do, we would love to hear about your little ball of fluff. You can start your own thread if you want! Or post here, I don't mind! We love pics if you do not mind sharing! :cool:

81 - 87 of 87 Posts