Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

Administrator
Thank you, Flora! 馃挌 Oh, my gosh, yes, I am very excited about getting Pugsley. I love him already! It is going to be great having a parrotlet around the house again to boss me around! I have missed that! lol
It is amazing how these tiny tyrants wiggle their way into our hearts to the point we allow them to boss us in such ways. Or how much they understand us and we understand them. Bossy little things but we love them anyway.

Reactions: ginziputzi and Anya

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
When Huey died I put $$ down on a cockatiel- I named him pudge. He ended up passing before I got him and that is when I decided to get Sunshine instead.
I really like the name Pudge - it is very cute. It was a shame that the baby cockatiel did not make it. I remember when it happened. So sad. But we all love hearing about Sunshine. 馃挍 Lots of us would have missed you not being around here.

Super Moderator
I love the yellows too (don鈥檛 tell Kiwi!). I am sorry to hear about the little cockatiel, though. That鈥檚 so sad. Sunshine was definitely meant to be with you. Lucky birdie. 馃挍

Reactions: Anya

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here is the latest pic of my adorable Pugsley. I know, he is looking a little scruffy right now. A few weeks ago his parents plucked him pretty badly. Poor little birdie. They got the top of his head, chest, wings and legs. :cry: I was pretty sad about it - that must have hurt. The parents do this when they get hormonal and want to lay more eggs and are trying to get the baby birds to leave the nest. Those dang hormones. My breeder said I am not to worry, Pugsley is doing good. He is starting to eat seeds, but not fully weaned yet. The parents are still occasionally feeding him. As soon as he is weaned, my breeder is going to start hand taming him for me. That should take a couple of weeks. So, we are thinking 2-3 more weeks more until I get to bring him home. I can't wait to tickle that little head of his! :)

Even scruffy, Pugsley is looking so beautiful to me! And what a brave little boy he is. He has been through a lot. Well, just wait...I am going to spoil him rotten when I get my hands on him!

I love this picture of him - it almost looks like he is smiling! 馃挌
Bird Hand Beak Parrot Finger

Super Moderator
Ooooooh my gosh he is sooooo sweet!! I didn鈥檛 know that the parents might do that - poor little dude! But he will recover and he looks ah-mazing! His feathers have filled out so beautifully despite the plucking. He is definitely smiling. He knows where he鈥檚 going. Little sweetie pie. Adorable. 馃挌

Administrator
Cutie looking guy. Bet you can't wait to get him

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks, guys! He is a cutie, isn鈥檛 he? He is growing up 鈥 He鈥檒l be 8 weeks old on Monday! Rizzie, it is so exciting! I love knowing that there is a little birdie out there that belongs to me! I am coming to get you Pugsley!!! LOL! Ozzie, I am definitely looking forward to getting him! A friend bought me a plaque that I have hung over Pugsley's new cage with a picture of a Parrotlet and it says, 鈥淎 house is not a home without a Pacific Parrotlet鈥 - THAT IS SO TRUE! :)

Administrator
There is something special about getting a baby bird. They are like blank slates that bite a lot. So much promise, so much for you both to learn. I still remember getting Rio back in 2020. He will be turning two soon. I am still amazed at how different he is than Jules and Bo. They are all truly their own sentient beings.

Anyway you guys will do great. Just remember he is his own bird so you will have to take him on his own terms. I look forward to hearing about your new adventure.

Reactions: ginziputzi and Anya

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Awwww! Thanks, Ozzie! I needed that! 馃挌 It is going to be interesting to see how different Pugsley is from Cleopatra. Being a parrotlet, I am sure he will have some surprises for me! I actually like the idea of him being his own bird! It is bound to make life more interesting! Iol

I don't think I mentioned it before, but Pugsley is not a normal green. He is called a Dark Green. His mom is a Dark Green and his dad is a Green Marble (which is a yellowish color). Some of Pugsley's tailfeathers have a yellow in them. He may have gotten that from his dad. My breeder isn't even sure. The way he changes so quickly, who knows what he will look like next week! I can't believe Rio is almost two years old already! Time sure flies! ;) 馃挍 You need to post some pictures of him - loved the one of him with his yellow buddy! Does he still play with it? :)

Super Moderator
I have never heard of a Dark Green or Marbled Green. That鈥檚 so interesting. I wonder if there was some of the marbled green in Kiwi鈥檚 line that is the cause of those yellow feathers popping up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey, Jackie! I had never heard of them either! Who knows about Kiwi! She had to get it somewhere! It could be a possibility. :unsure: Pugsley has a younger brother. Supposedly he is a bit smaller and isn't as dark as Pugsley is. Actually my breeder is surprised how dark Pugsley has gotten. He is the darkest Dark Green from this pair yet. His brother and mom are a lighter color. That is okay. I like individuality! ;) Just by coincidence, I found out that my breeder is watching Cleopatra's sister while the owners are on vacation overseas. I could almost see that as a sign, maybe?? Not sure, but it is a coincidence! He said she is sweet like my little girl was! 馃挌

Super Moderator
Definitely a sign! Almost like Cleopatra is there in spirit looking over Pugsley and telling him what a beautiful, loving home he is going to have. And not to bite mama. Let鈥檚 just go with that for good measure!

I love the idea of a dark green on one of these guys. He will look like the forest his ancestors came from. 馃挌 I am so excited for you to bring him home!

• Love

Administrator
Awwww! Thanks, Ozzie! I needed that! 馃挌 It is going to be interesting to see how different Pugsley is from Cleopatra. Being a parrotlet, I am sure he will have some surprises for me! I actually like the idea of him being his own bird! It is bound to make life more interesting! Iol

I don't think I mentioned it before, but Pugsley is not a normal green. He is called a Dark Green. His mom is a Dark Green and his dad is a Green Marble (which is a yellowish color). Some of Pugsley's tailfeathers have a yellow in them. He may have gotten that from his dad. My breeder isn't even sure. The way he changes so quickly, who knows what he will look like next week! I can't believe Rio is almost two years old already! Time sure flies! ;) 馃挍 You need to post some pictures of him - loved the one of him with his yellow buddy! Does he still play with it? :)
Yes, we are on a hybrid work schedule so I have the little yellow wobble and bottle caps set up on my desk. Since I am there all day so is Rio and so is the playing at various time of playing with some of different wobbles and throwing bottle caps...

• Love

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
What a delightful way to work! Being entertained by a little yellow birdie. :) I can just imagine it and love it! I bet Rio absolutely loves it too! 馃挍

Administrator
What a delightful way to work! Being entertained by a little yellow birdie. :) I can just imagine it and love it! I bet Rio absolutely loves it too! 馃挍
He like that and photo bombing our Zoom meetings........
He got me again on Friday. He like to sit on my chest where my shirt comes to a v and nap. So he has been napping for a bit and I sort of forgotten him and started a meeting. Saw immediately that he was on the camera and adjusted it upward. Once the meeting got going I guess he wanted to know what I was talking about so he stretched his head up and keep peeping into the image. Finally somebody called me out on it. He then climbed up on my shoulder. Not sure why but the camera filters him out when he should sits and that is his normal location.

• Haha

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I thought I would post another pic of Pugsley that I got a couple of days ago. This is his flip side! lol Did you guys notice how dark his blue flight feathers are now? They are no longer that bright blue. That is because Pugsley is a dark factor. His coloring is darker than a normal green. His brother is a normal green. He did not inherit the dark gene. He has kept the bright blue feathers and has a bright lime colored face. He is a little cutie, but looks a lot different looking than Pugsley. Pugsley's face is more of an olive color. Anyhoo, when this picture was taken, Pugsley still had some pin feathers that had not come through yet. I imagine they have all grown out by now. Still terribly excited about this little greenie. Been buying toys and all sorts of goodies for him! It is so much fun getting ready for him! I am counting down the days! Can't wait to bring him home! 馃挆馃挄馃槏馃挅
Bird Leg Parrot Beak Gesture

Super Moderator
Yes I definitely notice that different blue! Wow that鈥檚 so interesting. What an adorable face. 馃挌馃挋 He still looks so young to me. Little sweetie pie. I can鈥檛 wait for you to bring him home too!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks, Jackie! It is interesting! Everything from the blue rump, blue along the wings, eye mascara, color green and back of head is darker. I guess you could say Pugsley has gone to the dark side! Maybe I should have called him Anakin Skywalker! 馃槅馃槄馃ぃ

Super Moderator
Thanks, Jackie! It is interesting! Everything from the blue rump, blue along the wings, eye mascara, color green and back of head is darker. I guess you could say Pugsley has gone to the dark side! Maybe I should have called him Anakin Skywalker! 馃槅馃槄馃ぃ
LOVE it!! Oh my gosh that鈥檚 brilliant!! Anakin Skywalker - darker side - too too funny! Maybe Pugsley Skyflyer who is strong with both sides of the force but wields it for good, not evil. Well, for the most part. 馃槀

• Haha
21 - 40 of 67 Posts