Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been researching Parrotlets for over a year now and have decided that this is the bird/pet for me. Today I met with a very nice, friendly breeder who was selling a *very tame* parrotlet that is 5 months old. I read online that they tend to bond under 3 months. Is this true? When I interacted with the bird it was verry friendly. If anyone has had experience in purchasing a Parrotlet after the 3 month mark, please let me know your experience.

Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
With patience and loving attention they will bond no matter how old is what I believe.
Our Bibi was a bit over 2 years old when we got her, and in about a month she was as close with us as she could ever be.
I've heard that it may be difficult to let them bond to another p'let when they are older, but here on the forum are a couple of examples who prove otherwise.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
My post is not here anymore.

We got Chipper at age 7 months. We have had her for a year and a half. It took a little time, but a quite home, talking, singing, a very large and wide cage, great foods and 12 hours of sleep for her have made Chipper happy and also a sweet girl. We are so close! She is a joy for our family.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You posted in the thread titled "Best age to buy Parrotlet? Help!".
I think they're basically the same question and asked by the same owner?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts