Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! I just got home with my baby parrotlet which I think is 3.5 weeks old. It keeps stretching and yawning, and when I come close, it would open its mouth and spread its wings a lil. Is it afraid of me? Thanks in advance for the replies!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
P.S. Welcome to the forum, BTW! You're gonna love having a parrotlet, and will find lots of support, advice, stories and cute pics here! Your baby is so cute! Just concerned about both of you because he's so young and hungry. When I brought Pocket home, I found out he wasn't quite weaned yet (was acting the same way) but I had a little hand feeding experience and was able to feed him - but he was 6 weeks old and fully-feathered.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Oh no, TAKE HIM BACK IMMEDIATELY! He will die if you don't know how to hand feed him!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, don't worry, I know how to handfeed him! I handfed my previous parrotlet ( died of stroke) too.! But he still does that even I just fed him with 4 cc of formula. :/

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Glad to have you aboard on our forum! That's one piggy little guy for sure! If you can feel his crop and it's full I wouldn't worry about his begging. Maybe he just needs a little hugging and loving from you :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Teehee! I am wondering if I could upload a video here, so you guys can have a more detailed look of his situation!

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
You might be able to post a link from wherever you have your video uploaded.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hello and welcome! Your little guy is adorable...what is his name? That age is just about my favorite - when they are so totally clueless and accept anything you do with them since they don't know anything else - before they start realizing they are parrotlets, with all that comes with it! Have fun and enjoy your sweet little baby.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello and welcome! Your little guy is adorable...what is his name? That age is just about my favorite - when they are so totally clueless and accept anything you do with them since they don't know anything else - before they start realizing they are parrotlets, with all that comes with it! Have fun and enjoy your sweet little baby.
I haven't got a name for him D: Cracking my brain over it now! Thank you ! :D

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
What a sweetheart! So cute. Yes, definitely post a video. Heart melt.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm glad this question was solved before I got to the post. I panicked a bit when I read he was 3.5 weeks. Glad you know how to handfeed!

He looks very cute, lucky you!

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Freaking out he is so adorable! I definitely panicked when I read the subject too but am very relieved to hear the outcome. We are so invested in everyone's babies! Cannot wait to see and hear more on him...and his name!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Oh my goodness he's precious! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Guys, I just uploaded a video of that lil one on youtube. Here's the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X_iNUl1b4g , please watch it and tell me if I am doing right! Also, I just noticed that he doesn't bite me after I fed it, but after 10 mins, it starts wanting to bite again when my finger is near! What's going on ? :(

1 - 20 of 48 Posts