Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
One trick I tried hundreds of times in my life of raising birds, I found that if you put a fresh broccoli floret between the cage bars, next to a perch where they sit, they will eventually get curious about it and try a taste. You can leave the floret out all day because it will not spoil, but will wilt a little. Replace it each day.

David
Thanks for the advice again! They adore broccoli now, they eat the whole floret very quickly, and start to try another veggies I give them.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
They are cute! I love it when one takes pieces of broccoli off the other's beak! Broccoli is one of the best veggies they can ingest! I like it because it doesn't spoil right away!

Give both a kissy kiss from me and Vicki !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I noticed that after they started eating broccoli their beaks looks much healthier. They both looked healthy even before, but now they are definitely so smooth and shiny.

I love it when one takes pieces of broccoli off the other's beak!
Yeah, I laughed so hard when I saw it!
I love these two guys. They are so cute. I'm going through some tough times here, but when I come closer and just look at them, watch them preening, kissing each other - it all makes me feel relaxed and happy.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts