Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Off Topic > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here! Keep in clean.

Notices

~~~Interesting Craft Video--Fun and Amazing!!~~~

~~I Have Never Seen Anything Like This!!~~

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 210 times.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:42 PM   #1
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Exclamation ~~~Interesting Craft Video--Fun and Amazing!!~~~

HI!
My wife asked me to look at this video site. She said I would be amazed at what I saw! Well-----I was! My wife, Vicki, is an artist using acrylic and oil paints, a clothes designer ( I have been married almost 46 years to her and she designs and makes all her clothing--she got this talent from her mother and grandmother), designs shapes and patterns and she is a musician, like me. I knew the day I met her that we were going to get married...and we did!

This video is called " THE MAGICAL POWER OF WASHI TAPE ! " . You will be amazed at what you see! So simple...so easy to do!

The site: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixf-W6VNLiO

I think I wrote it down correctly. I think you could probably go to You Tube and enter The Magical Power of Washi Tape and go to it.

ENJOY! Wait until you see the end result of the video!

David and Vicki, with permission from Ricochet

David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #2
Bigboy

Bigboy is on a distinguished road

First, the link didn't work. But, I did as I was told and went to You Tube. That artist is amazing. Her finished product is fabulous. It always amazes and frustrates me at how nimble other people's fingers are. (of course having the video all sped up doesn't help my concept of my skills). it would take me hours just to cut out 1 of those birds, and then it would be all smooshed up. I an in awe of anyone with that much skill and patience.
Bigboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:54 AM   #3
Bryan

Parrotlets Owned: 1

Bryan will become famous soon enoughBryan will become famous soon enough

I have seen some incredible art channels on youtube and like to watch the speedup drawing videos. I also like to watch people sculpt out of clay too.

Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2020, 09:05 PM   #4
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

The artist drew a simple face, then applied the Washi tape, along with some shading for depth, and it turned out pretty neat.

Since my wife is such a good artist, she tried many years to get me to do some sort of artwork or craft work. So, I started to do simple wood burning. Cars, trees, dogs, cats, old barns, etc. I used patterns that were already drawn by a computer. Mind you, I couldn't even draw a straight line with a pencil, even if I used a ruler!

Then, I discovered a way to burn people's old photograph's images into wood! Here's how I did it... I took an old favorite photo that had of my great grandfather's whole body standing in front of his old house. It was black and white.

I then took carbon paper ( graph paper) and centered it onto a nice piece of an American Basswood round plank. I taped the carbon to the wood at the corners.

I made a photocopy of the photograph and taped the copy, faced outward, in the center of the carbon paper. I then traced some outlines of my grandfather onto the wooden plank through the carbon, so it would leave lines on the wood.

I did not completely trace his figure, just a few lines, here and there, so when I removed all the carbon and photocopy paper, it left strange little lines on the wood ( it looked like connect the dots type of design).

I took the original photo and used it as a guideline and burned the image by connecting the lines. I then shaded the photo to give it a realistic look. It looked exactly like the photo, only it was burned into wood!

I then started making black and white photocopies of modern, color photos and did the same thing as the old grandfather wood burning, except that after I burned in the lines on wood, I used crushed oil pencils to color in the images in the wood. I blended the colors to match the color of clothing or cars or houses and, PRESTO, I had a wood burning in color! Only the outlines and features were burned into the wood!

I started doing these wood burnings for my students and got good at it. My wife allowed me to show my work alongside her artwork at her art shows! I sold everything I created! I did John Wayne, Lincoln, Elvis, and I took orders from people who sent me old photo's of their dead pets, etc. It was fun and profitable.

I was working on a burning when I had that fire in my house that Bogie alerted me to.... I do not burn wood anymore. I have all kinds of tools for that stuff. I will give them to my granddaughter when she gets old enough. I will teach her, if I can.

I am not an artist. I can't draw a straight line, but I can wood burn and make frames for my wife's artwork!

Try it.

Dave

David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote