Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Talk

Parrotlet Talk Talk about anything having to do with parrotlets here!

Notices

Melody is gone

This thread has 28 replies and has been viewed 1550 times.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #1
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Mrs.JP3 is just really niceMrs.JP3 is just really niceMrs.JP3 is just really niceMrs.JP3 is just really niceMrs.JP3 is just really nice

Melody is gone

I'm just in total shock right now. Melody is gone. We have no idea what happened. She was on the bottom of her sleepy cage this morning. She was perfect yesterday. I know it's nothing we did or didn't do, I just don't understand. We both cried for about an hour and now I just feel so weird. I just can't believe it. She was so beautiful, the most beautiful little blue bird ever. I thought we had many many years left with her. I feel numb.

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Mrs.JP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2020, 02:26 PM   #2
Anya

Anya will become famous soon enough

I am so sorry to hear that you lost little Melody so unexpectedly like this. I always thought that Melody was such a sweet name for a girl bird. You must be heartbroken. It's amazing how much they steal your heart. {{Sending you hugs}}
Anya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:41 PM   #3
JackieRTP

Parrotlets Owned: 1

JackieRTP is on a distinguished road

I am very sorry for your loss...
JackieRTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2020, 08:44 PM   #4
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Unhappy

Oh My!
Violet! I do not know what to say! You are so good with your birds, baby and hubby, so I know for a fact it wasn't in your control what happened to sweet Melody.! I've been there, and I know that this is a great shock! Melody was Bogie's first girlfriend! He fell in love with her picture! (BTW...so did I and everyone else!).

I just told Vicki and she is soooo sad right now. I have tears, too! We will remember her always! Rest in Peace, Melody. Say hello to Bogie and Ricochet at the Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge! May God Richly Bless You and Yours.

Sincerely,

David and Vicki, in the Spirit of Bogie and Ricochet!
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:48 PM   #5
kpenguins48

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

kpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via Yahoo to kpenguins48
Oh Vi. This is a shock. I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious girl. She was so special because she started your love of birds. There is nothing I can say to take away your pain, but I'm smiling because my Timmy has a beautiful girl to fly with along the rainbow bridge.

The Little Prince
kpenguins48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:01 AM   #6
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Mrs.JP3 is just really niceMrs.JP3 is just really niceMrs.JP3 is just really niceMrs.JP3 is just really niceMrs.JP3 is just really nice

Thanks you guys, it's so quiet in the house without her. Thinking about Bogie, and Ricco, Timmy, and all the other precious little ones at the rainbow bridge does bring me some comfort. I'm always so sad when I see that one of our well known feathered friends leaves us.... It helps to know that you all are grieving with us too for little Melody.

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Old 06-30-2020, 09:43 AM   #7
NorthernGannet

NorthernGannet is on a distinguished road

Oh I am so very sorry to read this! I also love the name Melody. Stay strong!
NorthernGannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:07 AM   #8
GrandmaLil

Parrotlets Owned: One
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

GrandmaLil is on a distinguished road

I am so sorry for your loss. Our little ones are so delicate that itís almost scary sometimes.
GrandmaLil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:09 AM   #9
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Unhappy

Violet,

I am still thinking bout Melody! I looked back into Bogie's journal and read some things that I wrote about Melody. It isn't in great detail, but there's a part written about when I showed Bogie Melody's picture for the first time. When he saw the picture, he stared at it. I have showed him other pics of other birds and he didn't give the pics the time of day. But Melody! I wrote on a side column in his journal, " Man! What a beautiful bunch of chickies they would have! " ( no kidding!)

I wrote about this in one of my posts a long time ago. This is why I said that Melody was Bogie's first and only girlfriend. Violet, you and I have been through something horrible! It is even worse because we do not know what happened! Vicki and I talked about what happened and we are deeply sorry and saddened. It brought back memories that some, we rather forget.

We have seen a lot of parrotlets leave us way too early and we don't know why. We have read about all the great and happy things that our p'letts have done. We have read about all the things that the temperamental little darlings did. And there was Melody and Bogie and all the other's in the forum. I can't remember all their names!

But there was Melody and Bogie. Everybody knew and knows their names. I will never forget Melody and how gorgeous she looked and I will never forget Bogie and the fantastic life he lived and shared with all of us. Whew! Was it all a dream?

David and Vicki
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:09 PM   #10
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Thank you Dave, Bogie had good taste. She was really stunning. I miss her so much.