~~~Thanksgiving Week Was A Wonderful Time For Bogie...And Mom!~~~ - Talk Parrotlets Forums

User Menu
Forum Home
Parrotlet Gallery
Today's Posts
Register now!
Search

Advanced Search
Forums
Parrotlet Talk

Parrotlet Housing

Do It Yourself

Parrotlet Pictures

Your Parrotlet's Health

Parrotlet Diet

Training and Bonding

Parrotlet Breeding

Parrotlet Articles

Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge

Parrotlet Vet Listing

Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Talk

Parrotlet Talk Talk about anything having to do with parrotlets here!

Notices

~~~Thanksgiving Week Was A Wonderful Time For Bogie...And Mom!~~~

~~Reviewing Bogie's Life Journal--An Anniversary ~~

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 99 times.

Old 11-24-2020, 11:07 PM   #1
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: two
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Unhappy ~~~Thanksgiving Week Was A Wonderful Time For Bogie...And Mom!~~~

This is a couple of days late, but I was reading through November of 2016's dates when I ran across a very important time in my mother's and Bogie's life. It was during the week of Thanksgiving when Mom passed away.

A couple of days before my mother passed away in a special nursing home, She made a request for me to bring Bogie in the see her. I wasn't allowed due to her sickness. You all know me! This didn't stop me from making her dream possible!

So, I put him in a travel case and sneaked him into her room just a little more than a day before she passed. She also wanted a Hershey bar and I brought one for her, too.

When I took Bogie out of the case, he climbed up my arm, then saw Mom in her bed and flew right to her! She smiled at him and put Bogie on her finger. He gave her a kiss on he cheek and my mother laughed for the first time in a long time. He spirits were lifted, for sure. She was so full of life! She asked Bogie all kinds of questions about how he had been doing and if he was a good boy and did he say his prayers before bedtime.

I was cracking up! Bogie looked at her as if he understood every word and I am sure that if he could talk human to her, he would have! ( I am in tears now, because of this powerful moment in our lives that night! ) I gave Mom her Hershey bar, already opened, and she took a bite and then put the rest in her drawer next to her bed. Bogie wanted some, but I told mom it was poisonous to birds, so she told him she was sorry.

In less than a day, I received " The Call " that sons and daughters hate to get. Mom passed away a day before Thanksgiving , but before she went to Heaven, she told the nurses all about Bogie's visit and the nurses thought it was her imagination...until they found the Hershey bar! They asked her about it and she told them that that was given to her by her son when he brought Bogie to her.

I had to tell Bogie she died. (OMG! This is hard to write, but it is good therapy) I took Bogie and told him GrandMa'Ma passed away. I was in tears and Bogie looked at me so intently. He probably didn't understand, but he knew the mood I was in. I swear, that bird could look through my soul, at times.

During the next few days, Bogie kept flying to my mother's recliner and looked around.( My mother moved in with us a couple of weeks before she got ill. Hurricane Matthews? damaged her roof and she had no electricity in her house). We moved her bed and recliner to Orlando. I think Bogie missed her because he spent more time with her than me before she passed.

I miss them both. They were two very important beings in my life.

God! It hurts! It still hurts....

David
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2020, 01:08 AM   #2
Tiffany7

Parrotlets Owned: 3

Tiffany7 is on a distinguished road

What a wonderful story & beautiful experience for your mom.

I feel your pain too. I’m still grieving for my dad who died 2 years ago & now Pippin. The pain is so intense for both. I was crying for my dad like it just happened just days before Pippin died.

I remember when I got Pippin my dad took me & my then boyfriend (now husband) to the airport to pick him up. What an adventure that was.
Tiffany7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:49 PM   #3
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: two

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and Pippin. It seems that parts of our lives have to have sorrow and sadness! I try to be the best person I can be, while honoring their memories.

Stay safe and Be Good.

David and Vicki

David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote