Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

~~~A Decision Has Been Made!~~~

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  booberrypllet 
#1 ·
A Baby? At our age? I'm 67 years old and Vicki 66!

Of course, a baby p'lett won't mind our ages! Earlier today, I linked up with a lady in Europe who will let me and Vicki have our choice of a green male p'lett in the spring! The lady lives in Central Florida, but she called me in response to my inquiry about ordering a baby birdie next Spring. She is on a family emergency in Europe.

She is giving me first choice on several hatches she will have in her aviary/nursery. The one I pick will already step up and kiss me. They are guaranteed to be 100% human friendly. One of our forum members bought a bird from this lady and the bird is great!

SO< we made the decision last night and I can't wait to get our little bundle of joy! I usually don't name a bird until I meet the bird and spend some time with them, but I think I will name him now. Vicki and I like the name...Buster.( like Buster Keaton, a very funny, bumbling clown type of a man back in the 1930's.).

Yep. We like Buster.But I know Vicki! From now until when we get him she may hint of a name change. Wanna bet? But! It is my turn to name a bird. Ha ha!

He better look like a Buster!

I can't wait. I hope my health doesn't get worse.
Night Night!

David and Vicki :p:p

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks, everyone! I feel soooo much better with this decision. Now, if my health stays the same as it is now, I will be able to devote the correct amount of time to properly be with my buddy. My worry was Vicki. If something happened to me, would she be able to carry on with the care and attention of our p'lett and she said she would and could. ( I knew she could ).:)

Whoopie! Can't wait! I have a new lease on life. Really!

David and Vicki;):rolleyes:

#7 ·
I am so happy! This is all I can think of right now!

Guess what?

I just now returned from my Grandniece's wedding! It was a nice wedding. It was outside, near a lake and we went inside a remodeled barn to have food, dance, open bar, music, etc.. We all wore masks, but Vicki and I stayed away from the small crowd as much as possible.The temperature was 75 degrees and breezy. It was really nice!
I am tired!

Night night!

David and Vicki

#10 ·
A BOMB was dropped on me today! Vicki and I went out to eat breakfast and we discussed the future concerning getting a baby parrotlet.

Remember me telling you that we were naming our baby "Buster" ? And I said that I bet Vicki will change her mind later on?

Well, she did! I knew something was up this morning. She gave me a big hug and asked if I wanted to go out to breakfast. She was soooo sweet. Too sweet. Hmmmmm.

AS we waited for our food, she said," You Know that name we decided on for our baby?"

Here it comes.....

I said, " You want to ' suggest' that we...I mean, I change it, since it is my turn to name a bird? "

" Umm-hmmm.." was her remark.

" This will cost you, you know! "

" Oh? How much will it cost me? " She said as she smiled......

" This breakfast! " I demanded.

" Deal! " Was her remark.

" Now, what do you suggest we name the male baby? "

" The same nick name you called Greg (our son), when he was growing up."

" Hot Rock? " I said with a smile. ( Hot Rock is a name I called my son when he was a boy, because every time I looked at him, he was in motion! He looked like he was barefooted and standing on a very hot rock! My father called me the same thing). " You want our p'lett called Hot Rock?" was my question.

" No! The other cute nick name....'Che Che !' " ( pronounced, Chee Chee ) .

" Che Che? You like that name? Wow! I have to think about that!" was my reply.

You see..I called Greg, Che Che, because of a professional golfer named Che Che Rodriquez, who gave millions to children's charities. When Greg was 3 years old, he came to me one day, and when I called him, " Che Che " he looked at me and said, " My name's Gweg!" " He couldn't say Greg plainly, he had the 'r' missing.

So, I guess the baby's name will be Gweg! I mean " Che Che ". I will not change it?

David and Vicki

#11 ·
Oh, I am so glad you have decided! Not only do you have something to look forward to, but you have given us all, especially me, since I seem to follow your every move, (I hope that doesn't sound too creepy) something to look forward to! Oh boy, the stories to come! I can't wait!!!

#12 ·
I think I will be nervous until he gets here. The breeder thinks she will have 6 for me to choose from. Her birds always produce. Her aviary is 30 minutes away from me! Another forum member has purchased one from this lady and loves her p'lett.

Can't wait!

David and Vicki;):rolleyes:

#16 ·
We can't wait, either! I am finally going to start not only a daily life journal on our baby, but hopefully a video journal, too. I am not crazy about taking pictures/videos, but I think I will start, since my granddaughter will be shown all about our little guy. She loved Ricochet, but was too young to touch him safely. After Ricochet passed, Savannah asked, " Gampa, where's birdie? " when she came over. It about broke my heart.:(:(:(

Dave

#17 ·
I am so happy for you and Vicki!!! Especially so for you because I know how hard it's been on you since Ricochet went to the Rainbow Bridge----this will be such a wonderful thing to look forward to and it'll keep you happy and healthy too, I'm certain! I had to laugh when you mentioned Chi Chi Rodriguez because whenever I hear that man's name I remember that old sit-com WKRP in Cincinnati and Les (the nerdy guy who wore glasses) kept mispronouncing it as Chi Chi Rod-roo-gweez (Chi as in Chi Latte) and it's stuck with me all these years! Here's a YouTube link to a clip of his pronounciation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WmTsLO-hUI

#18 ·
I am so happy for you and Vicki!!! Especially so for you because I know how hard it's been on you since Ricochet went to the Rainbow Bridge----this will be such a wonderful thing to look forward to and it'll keep you happy and healthy too, I'm certain! I had to laugh when you mentioned Chi Chi Rodriguez because whenever I hear that man's name I remember that old sit-com WKRP in Cincinnati and Les (the nerdy guy who wore glasses) kept mispronouncing it as Chi Chi Rod-roo-gweez (Chi as in Chi Latte) and it's stuck with me all these years! Here's a YouTube link to a clip of his pronounciation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WmTsLO-hUI
I loved that show! I loved Les, too! It's funny how we remember certain things from our past. I do very well in remembering my past! I remember one time that Les held a fund raiser promotion ( I believe) for Thanksgiving and he had this idea of throwing turkeys out of a flying helicopter. He hired a helicopter and they threw live turkeys out of the helicopter. When he got back to the station, he was asked about it and he said, " I didn't know turkeys couldn't fly! ":D

It was a mess. I cracked up at that scene! I will definitely look at the You Tube link.:D

David and Vicki

#19 ·
A Baby? At our age? I'm 67 years old and Vicki 66!

Of course, a baby p'lett won't mind our ages! Earlier today, I linked up with a lady in Europe who will let me and Vicki have our choice of a green male p'lett in the spring! The lady lives in Central Florida, but she called me in response to my inquiry about ordering a baby birdie next Spring. She is on a family emergency in Europe.

She is giving me first choice on several hatches she will have in her aviary/nursery. The one I pick will already step up and kiss me. They are guaranteed to be 100% human friendly. One of our forum members bought a bird from this lady and the bird is great!

SO< we made the decision last night and I can't wait to get our little bundle of joy! I usually don't name a bird until I meet the bird and spend some time with them, but I think I will name him now. Vicki and I like the name...Buster.( like Buster Keaton, a very funny, bumbling clown type of
a man back in the 1930's.).

Yep. We like Buster.But I know Vicki! From now until when we get him she may hint of a name change. Wanna bet? But! It is my turn to name a bird. Ha ha!

He better look like a Buster!

I can't wait. I hope my health doesn't get worse.
Night Night!

David and Vicki :p:p

“Congrats!” To you and Vicki! 🐣 😊

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.